Wind noise just started

Started by Anonymous, March 6, 2004, 20:14

Anonymous

Right, my car seems to have developed some wind noise on the passenger side.

It's only started today and is noticeable at speed.

Have had a quick look (as much as I can in the dark) and can't seem to see anything. I've tried opening and closeing the window/door and its still there.............pissing me off  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Any suggestions? I might take it to Mr T but would prefer to sort it myself if poss rather than hve one of their monkeys fiddle with my hood.

Anonymous

just double check that the roof is seated properly on the passenger side as mine used to do it loads just after having the roof down

changed the car in the end

Anonymous

I had just had the roof down, I'll have a play tomorrow and see if its still there.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

mine was caused but the canvas of the roof overlapping the rubber seal. it sometimes happens if you pull the roof up too quick.

if it is this and it happens all the time the worst case is that your roof needs replacing but this is not very often the case.

good luck

i was told by the dealer that by pulling the roof up from inside the car forces the canvas to bulge slightly on the passenger side, if it was a lhd car it would happen on the other side.

hope this helps let us know how you get on

Anonymous

I had this recently, it was the soft-top that had not gone up correctly. Lower soft-top then raise agan slowly that should clear it.

Anonymous

I seem to recall this being discussed before, I'm sure you can adjust hood from inside to  prevent this, someone will correct me if I'm wrong or explain more fully if I'm on the right track.

Anonymous

Cartell's right, Hardcore as I recall a while back mentioned the "cable-tie" things inside the hood down at the base by the back of the door.  With a pair of pliers you can pull these a click or two in and help the situation.

Mine does it, but I've found as long as I've no passenger in the car I can quite easily reach over and guide it into place properly to stop it ever going wrong.

Slacey

And, as Phil pointed out last week, mine now does it since the HT came off, but it never used too  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Yeah happens on mine as well, happened on way back to M11 after meeting a member from here yesterday to help with my install.

I reckon it happens almost every other time i put the hood up   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Ok, problem sorted.

I put the roof lowered/raised the roof and all is good.

I think the problem was due to a mate getting out of the car and banging his head on the roof on the way out, must of dislodged it slightly.

Anyway, its ok now   s:D :D s:D

Tags: