My 3SGTE engine install

Started by grsymons, March 31, 2010, 21:04

grsymons

Just a quick message to say thanks to PaulM,
I fitted the chassis brace he fabbed up for me to the car this afternoon. It went pretty smoothly, I just had to open up the 4 outer holes a little.

I just need to finish the car now so I can give it a test   s8) 8) s8)  

Tomorrow should see the exhaust system finally finished and the car back down on its wheels.

grsymons

A pic of the chassis brace made by paulm, really pleased with it.   s8) 8) s8)  

Today I bled the brakes and got the TTE antiroll bars & Twosrus links fitted. The standard links are a proper pain in the a*** to remove!

Paulm

Nice work Gary, glad to know your happy with the brace
Performance:  4.2ltr V8 380hp conversion - DTA S80 ECU- DTA S80 EMS - Ferrari F360 exhaust - de-Cat\'d
Handling : Brace bars front & rear - EBC Drilled and Grooved - 205/225/40/17 - ETA Beta Alnir\'s- 2\'s rUS drop links - Ultimate breastplate
Future uprades - Supercharger- Ultimate floorpan brace and front brace - 355mm discs - Widebody kit

PeteT

Watching this thread with a great deal of interest. Not planning it myself but i wish you all the best with it.

I dont suppose you have the part number for the front and rear TTE roll bars?
Pete

grsymons

There is a number on the bar itself, is that what you want?

If not, I cant help you, they were purchased a while ago on ebay. (paragon toyota I think)

grsymons

PeteT,

im pretty sure this is the stabilizer kit i bought:
 m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-TOYOTA-MR ... 53e3c540cb m

PeteT

Quote from: "grsymons"PeteT,

Im pretty sure this is the stabilizer kit i bought:
 m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-TOYOTA-MR ... 53e3c540cb m

Thats great, Thank you   s:D :D s:D
Pete

AC

Apologies for thread drift.

Pete, don't forget the Che ARB's that you can also buy on eBay from Deluboz Parts. I picked up a set off him in an eBay sale moment, £122 + £50 fedex from US, arrived in a week!

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

PeteT

Quote from: "AC"Apologies for thread drift.

Pete, don't forget the Che ARB's that you can also buy on eBay from Deluboz Parts. I picked up a set off him in an eBay sale moment, £122 + £50 fedex from US, arrived in a week!

Thank you. I'll have a look into them

I'll PM you, so to keep the thread on topic.
Pete

grsymons

As mentioned in the other thread the engine is now running, its not on the road yet though as it still needs an MOT.
A quick pic of the engine bay as it looks today.

There are still a few little jobs to do like wrap the loom and tidy things up a bit but its nearly there now.

grsymons

[youtube:e6m60y0d]P1VGp5c59Pg[/youtube:e6m60y0d]

grsymons

A little update, after getting the engine running I have decided to get all the planned upgrades out of the way to save me having to get the car mapped twice. I took the short engine down to Tim @ TB developments yesterday for a forged rebuild. They are also sorting me out with what I hope will be a rather tasty turbo upgrade with custom downpipe too   s8) 8) s8)  Should have some nice pics to post in a few weeks   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Not looking so tidy now:

grsymons

Doorbell rang before 8 this morning and after a world record time for getting dressed and with half my clothes on backwards I received this little package of goodies.
Looks like some good quality kit too.

dj2k21

Where did you order these pal? I'm on the verge of ordering some in the next week or do.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

grsymons

2 of the arms from horswpowerfreaks and the other from ebay(usa) - got here pretty quick but delivery prices are far from cheap though!

Rowland

Really good to see this coming together at last.

s:D :D s:D

grsymons

Yeah, i got pretty fed up with the whole car modding thing for quite a while but I am pretty keen to see it back on the road now.

Actually you are probably the best person to ask, how do you go about updating the engine details to the dvla now? I have read that I need a headed letter from a garage to confirm the engine details. I didnt have any of this bother when I did the mk1 engine swap, just sent the v5 back with the new cc and serial number.

dj2k21

Don't they need to be inspected now at your local dvla office?
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Rowland

Quote from: "grsymons"I didnt have any of this bother when I did the mk1 engine swap, just sent the v5 back with the new cc and serial number.

Exactly what i did. Unless the law has changed since, I'm not sure.

I bet more than anything you can't wait to finally drive the thing!!

grsymons

I have done a bit more reading and the process has indeed changed. I now need a letter on headed paper from a garage confirming the cc and engine no. Hopefully not too big a problem.

On a more positive note, more toys arrrived today:

grsymons

Received a pic last night of the custom turbo install being done for me by Tim @TB Developments. He has had to plumb the wastegate like this to make sure it clears the overhang in the engine bay where the softtop sits. Hope the dimensions I gave him were acurate!   s:D :D s:D  

He is still waiting on a few parts for the engine rebuild but hopefully I will have all the kit back here to re-install soon.   s8) 8) s8)

dj2k21

That looks very nice indeed. Looking forward to seeing the completed article  s:) :) s:)

grsymons

Yeah, looks like he has done a top job for me, in case anyone is wondering, the part under the wastegate tube is a mocal sandwich plate to relocate the oil filter. That will make oil changes much easier.

grsymons

I have had a couple of PM's regarding my wiring recently and after a little digging through my archives I have found some diagrams that I created. Hopefully they will be of use to someone. Note that you use this info at your own risk, I cannot guarantee they are free from mistakes, so please do your own research to back it up!

02bluerolla

iam guessing the diagram you posted is to make the tempt, oil, and alternator light work with stock ecu. It still needs power feeds,ignition feeds and earths. right?

Tags: