My 3SGTE engine install

Started by grsymons, March 31, 2010, 21:04

Pavett1990

This build looks promising...
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

grsymons

Quote from: "02bluerolla"iam guessing the diagram you posted is to make the tempt, oil, and alternator light work with stock ecu. It still needs power feeds,ignition feeds and earths. right?

Yes, I have left E2 + E3 connected. the harness that went to E4 + E5 has been stripped and used for the standalone ecu.

grsymons

I had a nice email from Tim@TB Developments. My engine rebuild and turbo kit are now ready for collection   s8) 8) s8)  

Looks like he has done a nice job for me.

dj2k21

Work of art mate well done
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Die$eL

Am i seeing correct? You have been busy with this build since 2010?

What an awesome guide! Well documented! The build is looking Really good!!!! Well done!
Its not your top speed that counts but how quick u get to it...

[size=85]05 - XRSi - 160HP at the wheels (Reef) - 15.7 @ Tarlton - 3.12.2010
01 - MR2 Turbo - 339HP at the fly (Reef)
06 - Hilux D4D 4x4 D/Cab - 190HP (Reef) - 1/4 mile - TBC[/size]

simers

what a build!!!!
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

loadswine

Very nice Gary, that should do nicely!  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

grsymons

Cheers all.

Quote from: "Die$eL"Am i seeing correct? You have been busy with this build since 2010?
Started in 2010 but havent been working on it all the time, quite often went untouched for months at a time.

grsymons

Popped down to Tim's yesterday to pick up the build. Have to say, really impressed with how it looks. Would definately recomend him.

I couldnt resist seeing if it will all fit so threw the turbo kit onto a dummy block that I had mounted ready (dont want to be fitting and removing the real engine till the install is all done)

The external wastegate is a custom install to make sure it clears the overhang in the roadsters engine bay, as you can see, loads of room.
I was expecting to have to rework the chassis crossmember to clear the downpipe but I actually have slightly more room than the old setup so really pleased with that. (still close though so plan to make a little heatshield)

Also, the new turbo (GTX2867r) is slightly smaller that the old ct26 so I have a little more room to the firewall, which is useful as I want to improve on the heatshield I had previosly made.

loadswine

Can't wait to see this one in the flesh mate, should be awesome!  s:D :D s:D
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Alex Knight

Just read this from start to finish!

Awesome build, looking forwards to an update if there is one?!

WinstonTodge

I can't believe this ended here?!

What was the outcome?

Just sorting my 1.8t swap into a mk3 and this thread has a LOAD of inspiration! :)

Hope it all worked out in the end?!

C.

Topdownman

As the O/P hasnt been active for 7yrs then dont hold your breath for a reply.

Best start your own build thread!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Ardent

Hello  and welcome.

Please feel free to introduce yourself on the new members thread.

Tags: