O2 sensor position confirmation. Please.

Started by The Lum, April 1, 2010, 11:14

The Lum

Got the following codes and just wanted to check which side I need to replace. As I stand at the back of the car looking onto the engine is it the 1 to the left or right? Obviously the post cat one is straight forward.

P0175 System Too Rich (Bank 2) 
P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2) 
P0150 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1) 
P0153 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Thanks in advance.
The man. The legend. The Lum

The Lum

No one? From my research it seems to be the one on the left.

Anonymous

Looks like you have a multitude of issues there,2 sensors that I can see.P0141 is the 3rd sensor after the cat,clean your MAF and see if any of these codes go away.

VVT-i

Bank 1 os on the right, bank 2 is on the left (both on the manifold..obviously)

Bank 2- sensor 2 is the one after the main cat.

[Mod] Link to copyright image removed[/Mod]
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

The Lum

Thanks lads. Much help there Davie cheers for that picture.

uktotty

How do you get to that cat one?
Need to replace mine

Anonymous

Underneath Russ,just remove the plastic nappy under the exhaust and look up and its there with loads of room around it.

uktotty

Cheers Bry  s:) :) s:)

nathanMR2

I didnt need to remove my nappy to get to fit. You also dont need to have the car lifted or raised to get a good grip of it.

Mine was very solid to get out though. Id spray it with plus gas a good few days before if you can. You also need to unclip the wire from the old one and recable tie the new wire in place. Your best to take the ns rear light out which makes it easier.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

I just found removing the back nappy gave me a lot of room to play and its only 5 screws/bolts.

wbarrwebster

Quote from: "nathanMR2"I didnt need to remove my nappy to get to fit. You also dont need to have the car lifted or raised to get a good grip of it.

Mine was very solid to get out though. Id spray it with plus gas a good few days before if you can. You also need to unclip the wire from the old one and recable tie the new wire in place. Your best to take the ns rear light out which makes it easier.
+1

Be prepared for a fight to get it out.......at best it's not the 5 minute job that it looks IMHO.

B
W. B. Webster

Mad Matt

Where does the other end of the post cat sensor run too? It looks to me like it plugs in by the rear light?

Anonymous

Yeah that's right.

Mad Matt

Then I've got a horrible feeling that mine isn't broken, just not plugged all the way in   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I'll reset the code and we'll see. It always did seem a bit strange as after a reset the light didn't come on until the engine had warmed up and I'd driven for about half an hour on the motorway.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Yeah it takes a few diagnostic cycles of the ECU,mine came back on after about 12 miles from a reset.

Mad Matt

It really is broken, the light came on again after a few miles. A relief in a way as I've bought the replacement! I just need to get hold of the right socket now...

nathanMR2

You need a socket with a split in it btw if you didnt know already

The Lum

Cost me £10 to get them fitted. So far so good on the o2 sensor problems. Just the 0175 bank 2 running rich. Ask MrT who said probably a new MAF.

Mad Matt

Quote from: "nathanMR2"You need a socket with a split in it btw if you didnt know already

Yeah, I had seen that thanks, but didn't know what the "correct" name for it was. I may try and buy it from the UK on-line because I'm blowed if I can work out what that's called in French!

nathanMR2

Le split socket?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I think mine is made by Stanley IIRC

Tags: