Standard Brake pads

Started by Anonymous, March 7, 2004, 09:02

Anonymous

My car is a jap import, and the parts people at my local Toyota dealer (Sunderland) are being arsey about it.
My front pads need replacing and the dealer says they are different to UK cars.
Is this right? What difference? Size? Shape? Material?
Just need to get some in a hurry.
Anybody got a part number/price and can confirm if I can get pads intended for Uk, please ?
Thanks in advance

Slacey

Possibly the material, but as all '2's are made in a Japanese factory I would doubt there is any difference at all TBH  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Peter Wright

Just had my front pads replaced on my MRs I asked how long it would be for them to get them in & they said no prob we have them in stock so I would imagine the are the same as UK spec

Pete  s:o :o s:o
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Tem

TRD pads (and most/all aftermarket pads) are same for Japan/EU/UK/USA, so I can't see any reason why the stock pads would be different...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Thanks fellas.
I have the manual which doesn't show anything except one design of pad.
Discs look pretty shot too (this is my daughter's late '99 car).
Will order them tomorrow from the Glasgow dealer, as I work up there - those guys are real friendly and have helped me get loads of stuff, compared to this little hitler at the Sunderland dealer, whose attitude suggests he thinks an import is something to be scraped off the bottom of his shoe.....

Tem

Quote from: "smr2ley"Will order tem tomorrow

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

*runs away*
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: