Scuffs on passenger side platic trim

Started by Anonymous, March 8, 2004, 10:48

Anonymous

Hi,

Have done a search but couldnt find an answer so I was wondering if someone had an idea as to what I can do.

I have quite a few scuffs on the plastic trim on the passenger side from when passengers enter and leave my car.  On saturday I got quite a large one from someones dreaded heel!  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can hide/remove the scuffs from sight.  I was thinking of putting some carpet similar to what the car has but I think i would bodge it up or not find a perfect match.  I currently have the lockwood sills but obviously they dont cover that part.

Any ideas what be greatly appreciated.

Tem

I was wondering about that as well...couldn't figure out anything but getting a new one from Toyota...

I guess you could tape/carpet/paint it...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

MRMike

Not sure how deep the scratches are..but Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care seems to do the job for me..
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tem

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"Not sure how deep the scratches are..but Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care seems to do the job for me..

That works only as long as you have some dirt that looks like a scratch.

After the first real scratch, it's there for good  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Hope4Sun

There are companies around that can repair and remove scuff and scratches from trim, speak to a local boat yard and see if there valetter offer the service, most of them around here do.

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

darrenjuggins

Hi Guys,

I know its a bit late, but for anyone who's interested I can supply some clear strips which work great for keeping scuffs off.

I will have to get a price of my father for supply, but I can't think it should be more than a couple of pounds + a stamp.

I use them on both side sills and also behind thew seat belt as thats always pinging off the plastic.

Works fine and if they get scuffed, you just pull them off and start again.

I've got some kicking about so anyone who's interested PM me, I'll supply what I've got at £2 + 30p for the stamp.

If more are interested I'll get a price of my old man for them (Works in Motor Trade, hence having them in the first place).

Sorry guys with the scratches not much help to you (Sorry)

Cheers

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

Tags: