2nd Mod

Started by Anonymous, March 8, 2004, 17:36

Anonymous

OK, so the first mod of the Celica is the mats.  Onto the second mod (probably for Buster).

Mr T want to charge me £350 including fitting for a 6 CD changer for the Fisher Price H/U on the Celica.  My question is, what CD changer is this, and is it sourceable and fitable cheaper?.

I dont really want to be buying new H/U, unless there is a cheaper option all round?

markiii

the head unit is matsushita which is panasonic.

I's strongly suggest chaniging it though.  considered an mstation? you've plenty of space to install one.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

£350 now thats taking the Micky mouse !

Craige my advise is say the money from your very well paid job LOL   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   and savbe up for a Alpine or pioneer screen with a Sat nav unit and then it will come with a 12 disc cd changer included in that deal !

Should be a round 1.5k but you get an asoume H/U

But back to teh piont panasonic is the unit and there around £150 for 12 disc IIRC

markiii

definately, alpine, with sat nav, then go to  w www.ssiamerica.com w  and get the mstation with teh CDC interface and voice synth for the alpine rig.

very nice.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Stop it! you two.

Dave, I would be VERY interested in getting the CD changer, especially if its 12 disc instead of 6!.

Can you source it and fit it for me...pm me mate, I cant believe MrT want to charge me £350 for a 6 one!

markiii

your only going to want to upgrade it later.

Anonymous

lalalala not listening!  A 12 changer for the current setup is fine.  I have a subwooooooofer in the boot you know!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"I have a subwooooooofer in the boot you know!

It's a bit cruel leaving your pooch in the boot!

Anonymous

I thought this was a roadster forum....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I shall source some info for ya

Anonymous

Thanks dave.

Hey Kris, we share the same steering wheel, the same stalks and the same STUPID FISHER PRICE RADIO!.  So this is still roadster related   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Besides, we didnt really get rid of the 2, it just has Celica body kit on it

Anonymous

found this 8 disc:

m http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/pro ... cts_id+298 m

Can't find any 12 disc   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   sorry i think they may have discotuned them but not to sure and if you do want to strech your wallet have a look at this

m http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/default ... 0:11+1:42+ m

Anonymous

Cheers mate.  The 2nd link doesnt work, I am waiting for a response about the first as to if they sell the cable for the Toyota HU.

You are a superstar as always - Buster £109 vs Mr T £350

Anonymous

Ah it's not the Toyota compaterbilty loom it's the CD changer loom they may get confussed !

say that it's a masherrr*****! what ever the make of it is and they should eb able to help you

Tags: