Bumper Extensions and a Certain Dealership in Loughborough

Started by Anonymous, March 8, 2004, 23:01

Anonymous

It takes me a little while to build up a head of steam on this subject BUT boiling point has been reached and advice is required.
Having driven company cars and vans for so many years that I had forgotten what it was like to actually own a car I  decided to treat myself to the car I had drooled over for many years......an MR2.  Went for loads of options, Hard top, A/C, spoiler, twin pipes, and bumper extensions.

Well, the fitting of these has to be seen to be believed (I think anyway, maybe I'm wrong) After being back to Mr T twice, I'm about to complain for the 3rd time. Perhaps the mistake was to not book it in for this fault specifically but hey, you expect something to happen  s:? :? s:?  

The left hand side has a chip off the corner like it has been dropped before fitting, and both of them just don't look right. The fitting round the wheel arch  and over the bumper is just not consistent. It fits snugly at one point but there is a gap at another.

So what do I do next????

Anonymous

Whoops  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Some photos might help I guess. I'll try to take some tomorrow.

Anonymous

I had the kit on my '01 and they fit perfectly so they could be pissing you around.  You could take it to another dealer closer to Leicester, but I've never had a problem with Loughborough Toyota myself to be honest.

markiii

assuming they bolt on not stick on then I suspect it's like the mudflaps, they can sit perfectly or bow out in the middle. It's all in teh fitting, you have toplay with teh order you tigthen the bolts in until it sits right.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"assuming they bolt on not stick on then I suspect it's like the mudflaps, they can sit perfectly or bow out in the middle. It's all in the fitting, you have toplay with the order you tigthen the bolts in until it sits right.

Not bolt on......If stuck on perhaps thats why they don't want to touch them  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"I had the kit on my '01 and they fit perfectly so they could be pissing you around.  You could take it to another dealer closer to Leicester, but I've never had a problem with Loughborough Toyota myself to be honest.

Would Sturgess want to touch a dealer fitted option fitted by another dealer  s:?: :?: s:?:  I thought they had lost/given up the franchise anyway.

Anonymous

Yes but a new dealer in Leicester has opened, part of the same group as the Loughborough one... Farmer and something right?

Anyway any dealer would probably do it for you I would think.  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Yes but a new dealer in Leicester has opened, part of the same group as the Loughborough one... Farmer and something right?

You are correct, where the old deawoo dealership used to be, but all bodywork jobs go to Loughborough   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

I have been back to SLM in Bexhill 3 times for the same thing, to be fair they are doing all they can, have had 2 new sets now tho   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "roadster"
Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Yes but a new dealer in Leicester has opened, part of the same group as the Loughborough one... Farmer and something right?

You are correct, where the old deawoo dealership used to be, but all bodywork jobs go to Loughborough   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

hmm I didn't know that.  Well you could always try another dealer, or if you are willing to cough up a little cash a body work shop.

Anonymous

Really Toyota should just fix it.    s:? :? s:?

Slacey

I popped into that new Farmer place in Leicester a couple of weeks back for some wiper blades, and quite frankly they were useless, and dreadfully slow  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: