Parts asap!

Started by Anonymous, March 9, 2004, 09:16

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Need new airfilter ( not a paper one ) and some plugs and leads for my 2, ASAP as I forgot to pick them up car being tuned on Friday this week. Any websites that will stock these products ?

Ta...

James

markiii

the roadster has individual coils per plug, so doesn't have spark plug leads in teh conventional sense. Likewise teh plugs are irridium, so you may not see much benefit from changing them. Should you need to replace the wires (assuming it's not part of the loom, I;ve never checked) the only source will be Mr T that I know of.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

DAZ400

As far as I know the plugs fitted by Mr T are platinum and I have bought Iridium to swap them out. I bought them from Hyper sports & Racing.
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

Ta, m8

what about the filter, k+n will take 7 days to arrive, now any place that will stock a good filter for the 2, might have to go paper for now

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "j80rjo"Ta, m8

what about the filter, k+n will take 7 days to arrive, now any place that will stock a good filter for the 2, might have to go paper for now

I ordered my Blitz late on Friday afternoon. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but came this morning. Now that is efficient...a wait of 1 working day!!!

Anonymous

Where did you order from ?

Anonymous

Sorry m8,

should have seen the Hyper sports & Racing bit, phoned them they might be able to do by friday ??????? Guy there is checking stock

markiii

Quote from: "DAZ400"As far as I know the plugs fitted by Mr T are platinum and I have bought Iridium to swap them out. I bought them from Hyper sports & Racing.

nope definately irridium, on the offchance I';'m wrong though I'll be interested to see what you take out.

one point worth bearing in mind though is that iridium, whether fitted or not are used for their durability, i.e ability to never need changing (in theory) for performance platinum or even a very good copper will be better.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Peter Laborne

I ordered it from Blitz UK (which is Racelogic actually). What you will need (if you need the full IK) is the Blitz SUS Power Air Filter LM - part no 56066 - price before discount £120 inc VAT

It comes in black, blue or yellow. So make sure you sate which one you want when you order, otherwise it will be luck of the draw.

Their phone number is 01280 823803. Try to talk to Darren Saunders or Caroline and make sure you state that you wish to take advantage of the 10% MR2 Roadster Owners Club discount.

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"nope definately irridium, on the offchance I';'m wrong though I'll be interested to see what you take out.

There was some talk about this in SC early days...I actually had to check one of mine and it wasn't Iridium  s:? :? s:?

Apparently US had Iridiums, but EU doesn't...no idea about UK, but I'd guess they are similar to EU. Anyone feel like checking?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Well done, m8

spoke to darren and im getting them by Thus. Ow you a pint

Peter Laborne

Where abouts in the world are you. I'm off on Thurs if you need a hand fitting.

DAZ400

Checked and Toyota fit platinum plugs ...........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

South Wales,

Being fitted by a good friend done all my jobs for years. Thanx for the offer though.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "j80rjo"Well done, m8

spoke to darren and im getting them by Thus. Ow you a pint

Don't forget to have a quick look at my post on keeping an eye on how dirty it is:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=2944 m

markiii

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "markiii"nope definately irridium, on the offchance I';'m wrong though I'll be interested to see what you take out.

There was some talk about this in SC early days...I actually had to check one of mine and it wasn't Iridium  s:? :? s:?

Apparently US had Iridiums, but EU doesn't...no idea about UK, but I'd guess they are similar to EU. Anyone feel like checking?

Quote from: "DAZ400"Checked and Toyota fit platinum plugs ...........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I stand corrected, not all have irdium plugs.

got me curious now, thats EU and J - spec, anyone ever checked a UK motor?

I still reckon they aren't a performance improvement though  :-) :-) :-)

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"I still reckon they aren't a performance improvement though  :-) :-) :-)

I agree on that, they just last longer and cost more  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

I have some standard panel filters available or are you after a cone?  Ebay has loads of them available with next day delivery.

DAZ400

Electric Field, The smaller that electrode the more concentrated the electric potential at the electrode. The stronger the electric field, the lower the required voltage.  As a result, combustion is good for all types of driving, the engine starts easily, and acceleration improves.  There was a difference of 0.7 seconds between Iridium Power and normal spark plugs in the times taken to reach 150 km/h. There was also a difference of 6 m in the distance covered to reach that speed. Fuel Consumption is also improved with more efficeint combustion.

markiii

well you won't feel 0.7 secs to 150,

but thats interesting

however lower required voltage doesn't necessarily mean more power dos it>

you then get into all sorts of theory regaridng flame fronts e.t.c

DAZ400

Read again stronger electric field gives better stronger spark which leads to better ignition and combustion. Also with a small diameter core and the v grove of the HKS plugs I have will not let the performance tail off like in other conventional type electrode size and construction.

markiii

point taken, though now we're talking about plug design as much as the material they are made from.

like for liek would an iridium be better than a platinum? I don't know.

Would the design of these plugs be better than teh design of teh platinum you removed. possibly.

How do they define a stronger spark, bigger? or longer? because that seems to be an area of dissagreement between plug manufacturers as well.

some argue more powerful bang fom bigger shorter sparks? others that a longer spark means a more complete burn and a longer power cycle, other that a single electrode gives more bang, others that split design like splitfire or bosch super 4's give a more complete burn.

I've not seen anything conclusive yet.

mph

..and no one's even mentioned temperature ratings yet...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

DAZ400

Iridums are harder wearing than other materials and can stand much higher temperatures so it makes sense to use in my turbo car......  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I got the Iridums plugs the same time, darren from blitz said they are better, time will tell. Good debate guys

Tags: