K&N 57i Gen2 for Roadster

Started by Acehole, May 7, 2010, 07:40

Acehole

lol matt dident even notice that thread, i feel like a little forum noob now haha. Really good the gains some of you are getting. Extra 20bhp would be awesome. Been online all night tonight thinking of what to buy. gotta order this monday you see, so will be here all day tomorrow also.
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

Anonymous

Quote from: "brad82"the best mod i have done was the flywheel its gains no power but delivery is much better its great big   s:D :D s:D  factor.
+millionty

Best mod I ever did in my old car pre-turbo, and one of the best ones I've done so far in the Zed.

Acehole

That would a nightmare to get some1 to fit that kinda thing though wouldent it?
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

Anonymous

Not at all. Pop gearbox off, change flywheel, put together again. Most do it with a clutch change as well to save on labour.

Acehole

Had new clutch 1000miles  ago  s:( :( s:(  so cant do again lol, was looking at this....http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_30/Category_3/759 but wondering how muhc it would be to install.

Anonymous

Couple of hundred quid probably. I'm running a Fidanza in the Zed, had the RPS in the '2 and would recommend that one out of the two.

Acehole

Well i have just brought something and ive gone with safe option and will arrive thursday/friday. K&N 57i Gen 2   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thats £150 gone, whats to buy next...

P.S, Any1 wanna fit this for me? been told there is a better way of fitting these things but might require rear bumper off, is that true or false?

Anonymous

If you own a couple of screwdrivers then you can easily fit it yourself, there's really naff all to go wrong unless you're completely ham fisted. Go on, give it a go yourself, you'll probably have more fun than you think  s:) :) s:)

Acehole

OMG the pressure of it :O

nathanMR2

That kind of stuff is very easy mate. If i could fit mine anyone can!!
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Acehole

Looking at the picture of it and there is nuts and bolts and bits and bobs everywhere lol, have to wait and see when it arrives thursday

brad82

If you want assistance I am probably going to be fitting a under body brace to mine next sunday in my workshop in burnham (I'm on call out but i'll take me chances) can give you a hand if you want it's a real simple job!
EX SP240 gone, BMW Z4M gone, Audi s3 + something else arriving soon

Acehole

Would be awesome brad im kinda on the way so would maybe team up with you along your way. What time u starting or leaving from home?

brad82

I will be there from bout 9.30 í'll be coming from southminster so prob be easier to meet there. I'll pm with address
EX SP240 gone, BMW Z4M gone, Audi s3 + something else arriving soon

Acehole

Ok mate, does me a favour as thats a bit early for me on a sunday hehe. like to take the mrs to work also at 9.45 so will make my way over straight from there. should arrive at 11.15

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Acehole"ok ive just sorted finances out and i now have £700 to spend. Whats best route? getting the cams changed really worth it?

For that sort of money, I don't think you would enjoy the few BHP that would buy you as much as you would enjoy this:

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29066&start=0

I cannot believe no one has snapped it up yet!

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Acehole

Ok its arrived, And 2 days early as well  s:) :) s:) . Now just gotta get it fitted

And according to the box its the world's best air filter :O even carlsberg cant beat that.

Acehole

Fitted it and first impressions at the moment is..... Disappointing. It has not yet made me feel like  it was good money invested, give us time though ive only drove it round the corner, But i thought it would be louder than it is.

Anonymous

What exhaust have you got? I have just gone TTE and from standard and the difference in noise is massive,I have a lovely burble from my back end now.  s:D :D s:D

Acehole

I have a custom made Exhaust and its awesome the sound from that is fantastic and everyone who has seen my car thinks its quality. Maybe its so good thats its draining the K&N out. I have never uploaded a video to youtube but i will try and upload one and let you know what it sounds like if the quality is good enough from recording.

Acehole

I LIED, It is Sexy!!!! been out all night on a road to nowhere.

pazaz21

From what I remember when I had my K & N, the noise got better when the engine was warmer.  Not sure why though???
Black 03 - Electro Luminescent Glow Dials - AEM Cold air Induction - Pioneer F900BT - HID (6000K) Xenon\'s - Red Leather - TRD Style Bar - Red Callipers, Front Rotordisc Brake Discs.

Acehole

Yeah same, seems once car is up to temp after about a mile it sounds alot better. but then the whole car does once its up to temp  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    . Still pleased with this purchase.

Tags: