Apexi Install

Started by Darth Paul, June 27, 2003, 15:24

Darth Paul

Guys

Got the Apexi Power Intake winging it's way from the Land of the Rising Sun (shipped today!), so I'll be installing it in the next coupla weeks.

I've already read/downloaded the article on SpyderMagazine, but was wondering if there were any other words of wisdom to be gleaned from you lot...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Cheers

DP

Anonymous

Not really; the hardest bit is just working out which way the brackets go, and getting it all lined up. Photos are pretty useless since you can't really see what's happening.

It all only really goes one way though, so it just takes lots of trial and error to get it right. I've since found it easier to not attach the filter element to the pipe first, and instead assemble it all in-situ. It seems to fit together a bit easier like that, but YMMV.

Anonymous

Hi Darth Paul
                   If you dont mind me asking how much did the Apexi Power Intake cost with shipping?

Jason...

mph

Yep getting the brackets in the right is the tricky bit. I got this wrong first time. There's a diagram in the instructions that shows the orientation and of the filter and where the brackets goes. Do that and the rest is easy.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Jason"Hi Darth Paul
                   If you dont mind me asking how much did the Apexi Power Intake cost with shipping?

Jason...

£109.

Anonymous

blody hell thats cheap, you got a web adress for them ?

Chris

too bloody right it is!!! i paid £164 for mine last year!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Buster"blody hell thats cheap, you got a web adress for them ?

w www.takakaira.com w

On the first page (middle right) there's a pic of the Apexi Intake. Click that and it takes you to a menu where you choose your make/model of car.

After that there's the usual address/credit card details screen. At this stage there are no shipping costs available, so you're a little in the dark as to the final cost. Don't worry, as the credit card payment isn't taken yet.

After 24 hours you'll receive an email with a link back to the site advising you of the final cost (make sure you've got  w www.XE.com w  open to make the currency conversion). If you're happy with this cost then click 'ok' and they will take the payment.

You'll receive another email in the next couple of days advising you that your credit card payment has gone through (or not  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ), and that the item (if in stock) has shipped.

They marked mine down to something around ¥3000 for customs, to avoid any further shipping taxes.

That's it. Easy.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

DP

Darth Paul

I've also printed out the Spydermagazine article – in colour – on how to install the intake. I've wiro bound it in a polypropylene cover along with any other comments/advice I've been given from other people.

I intend to add notes myself – if I find anything useful to add – to make the installation instructions as complete as possible (the ones that come with the intake are in Japanese!)

If anyone wants to borrow this I'll happily send it, so long as it is returned!

DP

Tem

Quote from: "Darth Paul"www.takakaira.com

Btw,  m http://www.teiwa.co.jp/ m  is usually cheaper than Takakaira, so it's worth to take a loot at both sites.
(except Teiwas site seems to be "down" right now...and has been for 2 weeks now, they do answer emails normally though)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Yes I too bought stuff from  w www.teiwa.co.jp w .  The currently have the site under construction but according to them it should be up soon.  They sent my Power FC from Japan to Malta in only 3days   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   and they too use lower prices on the invoice to avoid taxes   s8) 8) s8)  

Highly recommended   s:) :) s:)

Tags: