removing inner wheel arch help needed

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2004, 18:35

Anonymous

any one got any tips for removing the plastic inner wheel arch from the front passenger side arch

mph

Umm, yeah but I've forgotten. Usually I just undo the two poppers and squeeze my hand behind rather than bothering to remove the whole thing. What you up to?
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

removing this pain of a dint if i can if i fail i will stick some skirts over the top.

a mate from work has got all the proper panel spoons

Anonymous

Hi there.

How did you get that dint by the way? Looks a little like it might have been caused by someone incorrectly lifting the car?

Tim

Anonymous

i should be so lucky

i hit a dog on Christmas day of all days (broke its neck on that panel), whilst the owners were watching

which was a nice present from me

i have six dogs my self so you can imaging i felt pretty sh**y whilst waiting for the vet to come and put it down

any on lighter note any ideas on removing the panel

the poppers you talked about how easy are they to remove?

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "adz648"the poppers you talked about how easy are they to remove?

Very.

To remove:
Step 1 - lightly push middle of popper/pop-pin/push-pin with biro or something similar. Is should depress about 3mm-4mm (do not attempt to push all the way through, it will break)

Step 2 - lightly pull on body panel. The complete pin (including middle) will jump out in one. If you don't catch it then keep an eye on where it goes. They are easy to loose.

That's it.

To replace:
Step 1 - Push bottom of pin back up so about 3mm-4mm is showing back out the top.

Step 2 - Put entire pin back through the panel and bodywork hole. Push (with finger) middle part back down. It will click into place and be flush, locking the panel back in place.

It really is that easy.

Anonymous

cheers sorted

any ideas on how to remove the plastic lugs which the mud flaps screw into

Anonymous

the inner wing appears to be all one pnel from behind the spot light where it is bolted in place (easy) it then goes through a few poppers and then to the lugs for the mud flaps

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Sorry mate, wish I'd never asked now!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I'll get me coat...

Anonymous

ADZ648,
If you want come down at w/end we'll do to together, I have a blow torch and a 2lb hammer.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

If you don't get it sorted give me a call. I'll be gentle, honest.

Anonymous

thanks for the offer   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   but i think i will ask the professionals first

Tags: