Wiring the Aerial

Started by skinz, May 24, 2010, 17:29

skinz

Guys/Girls,

I have taken some photos of the toyota wiring loom and pioneer wiring for my new head unit, I was wondering if someone could confirm as to what wires should be connected together to get the aerial working? I will be looking to fit a rocker switch into the blank on the dash - so Im thinking that this will simply involve crimping a new wire onto the toyota loom, to rocker, to pioneer loom? - still a bit of a novice when it comes to wiring, so any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Toyota Loom:

Pioneer Loom:

The blue cable with the tab was the remote supply for sub so this is in use (so was thinkin the other blue one may be used for aerial? - but confused as to how these link together)

Cheers

cclarke99

On the Toyota, the aerial is be the black wire in the middle of the back row of pins (pin  s8) 8) s8) .

Wires are
black - aerial control
brown - ground
blue/yellow and grey - +12V from various fuses
violet, purple, light green and blue - speakers

To prove the black is the input, connecting it to +12V should make the aerial go up, disconnecting it will make it go down.

I don't know about the Pioneer unit. The best thing is to look at the voltage on the various spare wires coming out of the back and find one that changes to suit the aerial. Then just connect to the black wire on the Toyota loom

skinz

Quote from: "cclarke99"On the Toyota, the aerial is be the black wire in the middle of the back row of pins (pin  s8) 8) s8) .

Wires are
black - aerial control
brown - ground
blue/yellow and grey - +12V from various fuses
violet, purple, light green and blue - speakers

To prove the black is the input, connecting it to +12V should make the aerial go up, disconnecting it will make it go down.

I don't know about the Pioneer unit. The best thing is to look at the voltage on the various spare wires coming out of the back and find one that changes to suit the aerial. Then just connect to the black wire on the Toyota loom

Thanks for this info - very helpful, I will try this out one night this week (hopefully get this sorted soon) - how to I remove the black wire from the toyota wiring block? is there a special technique?

Cheers

JiMR2

On the pioneer loom its one of the blue wires with the spade connectors on the end!  s:) :) s:)
AKA Cinnamon Jim

skinz

If I am looking to use a rocker switch in the blank on the dash is there any one in particular I should go for? ie. will it be possible to get a direct fit or is some cutting required?

looking at one like this:  m http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165562 m

JiMR2

For a direct fit id use one of the other switches... or pop a blanking plate out and mount a small circular rocker in that...

However, once my stereo trim arrives from CTP (hopefully tomorrow, been waiting a week now...) I'll be knocking up templates for the kick panels and you can easily mount a rocker in that...

depends how lazy your feeling in this hot weather  s:D :D s:D
AKA Cinnamon Jim

skinz

Quote from: "JiMR2"For a direct fit id use one of the other switches... or pop a blanking plate out and mount a small circular rocker in that...

However, once my stereo trim arrives from CTP (hopefully tomorrow, been waiting a week now...) I'll be knocking up templates for the kick panels and you can easily mount a rocker in that...

depends how lazy your feeling in this hot weather  s:D :D s:D

Sweet - make sure im at top of list for kick panels :p - got a laser cutter in uni that will get me milimeter perferct through plywood. Think ill just fit a switch tonight, so that i can put trims back on, then zip tie it on as a temp fix

Cheers

cclarke99

Quote....how to I remove the black wire from the toyota wiring block? is there a special technique?

Generally these pins are held in by a small tab that sticks out of the pin and catches against a stop in the plastic housing. You should be able to push the tab back in using a sharp pointed tool pushed in from the connector side and slide the pin out towards the loom side.

skinz

Thanks for the advice guys - got the aerial hooked up to a rocker switch last night - works like a dream and managed to keep visible wiring to a minimum  s:) :) s:)

So apart from working out how to properly secure my basslink, all of the electrical work is done :p - now to move on to replacing the coilovers and getting precats and spoiler sorted out :p

Tags: