The Janspeed's enticing me!!

Started by ad_car_08, June 17, 2010, 16:53

ad_car_08

Hi all,

I've been pine'ing after a Janspeed exhaust for a while now, and as it sounds like I'll be grovelling round my car replacing suspension, I'd quite like to get a Janspeed fitted too.
Budget might stretch to one if I find a second hand unit, so I'm currently scouring p-bay.

My question is, is there any other keywords I can use to open up my search / which other cars might have the same exhaust? I seem to remember reading that the Elise used the same engine at some point? Is it possible to find a Janspeed exhaust (twin centre exit, elise style) that might've been fit to another, but also fits my mr2??

Thought it was worth a try/ask *shrugs*  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

FGrob

Quote from: "ad_car_08"Hi all,

My question is, is there any other keywords I can use to open up my search / which other cars might have the same exhaust?
Thought it was worth a try/ask *shrugs*  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Try - Blueflame   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

custardavenger

Easy answer No. Janspeed fits our car only. I got mine from them direct for £350 I believe. You'd be lucky to find a second hand one unless someone wants the quieter life.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

loadswine

Janspeed is very nice, but not for shrinking violets. You will need to enjoy loudness!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

FGrob

Quote from: "loadswine"Janspeed is very nice, but not for shrinking violets. You will need to enjoy loudness!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
I think Nic hit 103 DBA when Dan tested it at DT
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

custardavenger

And the rest. well mine did anyway.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

ad_car_08

Loud?? Didnt realise!  ...not that its a problem though. Im presuming its only loud on full chat but a nice burble on tick over. Ive watched the videos on here a while back, but they dont really give much of an indication of loudness/note/burble

but getting back to the original reason for this thread, its just a case of waiting for a 2nd hand one to become available then - no alternatives :-s
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

chalced

Theres a place in Nuneaton called 'Custom Chrome' that will fit a bespoke exhaust on for you. Mine cost £350.00 , but that was 3 years ago now!

Sounds like this......

m http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x75/ ... 09_NEW.flv m

Mel.

Wabbitkilla

Ah but mine is no longer as Janspeed intended it!

I replaced the resonator with a sports catalyst, hence the 103dB @ 4500rpm and 118dB @ 7000rpm.
With the original exhaust i thing it was about 96dB : 4500rpm.

Seems to get louder under load though... linky to a big file
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: