Breast Plate

Started by Hogzi, June 20, 2010, 19:13

Hogzi

Hi al,

Just taken my hard top of for painting and now the car feel a bit wobbly (if you know what I mean).  The question I have when fitting a breast plate is is it easy and should you also should you tighten up the rest of the car or can you just get away with " a bit at a time"?

Also when fitting does the car need to be flat?  I don't have a flat area to fit so not sure if this will be possible i.e. will the bolts line up ok?

Thanks

m312

Not difficult at all. Just jack it up enough to get underneath, take the old plates off and the other should line up fine.

Does make a fair bit of difference, a really good mod.

onion86

Quote from: "m312"Not difficult at all. Just jack it up enough to get underneath, take the old plates off and the other should line up fine.

+1 and only 6 bolts to take off and put back on. The standard breastplates fit on without bother; the more expensive, larger member braces (like for sale on here) will sometimes take a bit of fitting but will make more of a noticeable difference.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Paulm

Plus one

This breast plate takes about 20 minutes to fit all in all.

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=29393

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "m312"Not difficult at all. Just jack it up enough to get underneath, take the old plates off and the other should line up fine.

+1 and only 6 bolts to take off and put back on. The standard breastplates fit on without bother; the more expensive, larger member braces (like for sale on here) will sometimes take a bit of fitting but will make more of a noticeable difference.
Performance:  4.2ltr V8 380hp conversion - DTA S80 ECU- DTA S80 EMS - Ferrari F360 exhaust - de-Cat\'d
Handling : Brace bars front & rear - EBC Drilled and Grooved - 205/225/40/17 - ETA Beta Alnir\'s- 2\'s rUS drop links - Ultimate breastplate
Future uprades - Supercharger- Ultimate floorpan brace and front brace - 355mm discs - Widebody kit

Tags: