softop ears + pic+ help

Started by puma2, June 23, 2010, 00:28

vatovey

Lol, could have been the ice cream  s:) :) s:)

Anyways, here is a better shot of the fix, unfortunately - most of the actual stitching can't be seen as the rubber glue is over the top of it, but hopefully it'll be good enough to get the jist of what I've done.

Treboeth

I know where to come if this needs doing on mine now!  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

2003bluecat

I know this is an old thread but managed to fix my ears this weekend (finally) and wanted to share how.

All along I had been putting the strap through the larger hole, when in fact there is a smaller hole (around 2") inside the larger hole there where the strap should go. Pushed it through (carefully!!) with a mop handle and all is good again.

The feeling of embarrassment soon changed to relief as I no longer have to walk around my car tucking bits of the roof in  s:) :) s:)

puma2

its nice to no that an old thred can still fix your problem  s:D :D s:D   brooms up hay  s:D :D s:D

sirleonj

Only noticed this tread today, and its solved my problem in a few seconds, the stap had come loose, looking good now

stargazer30

Fixed mine this week too.  In my case the strap was fitted totally wrong.  It didn't go around the metal frame and didn't go through the smaller inner tunnel in the hood.  All good now though.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Tags: