Manifolds

Started by Tem, March 11, 2004, 20:40

Tem

Did anyone ever take the Hayward&Scott manifold idea forward...?

If not, does anyone else know of a nice shop that would make us a header..?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I was just asking around for a copy of the Amuse header:
 m http://www.webamuse.co.jp/image_file3/mrs_ex03.JPG m

I got quotes of 200-300 euros for similar header, so I don't feel like ordering the real thing for over 1000 euros (sorry Amuse  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ). But all the places are booked for months now that the local motorsport series are about to begin  s:? :? s:?  I want one before summer to get rid of the cats.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

Tem,

I can ask H&S for you if you want.

based upon that and using a spare manifold to make teh jig it should be reasonably easy, but I'm not expecting the price to be anywhere near as good as finland.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"based upon that and using a spare manifold to make the jig it should be reasonably easy, but I'm not expecting the price to be anywhere near as good as finland.

I wonder if anyone else would be interested...

Also, can anyone supply them a spare manifold? I can't, cause I need the stock one till I get a new one  s:? :? s:?

markiii

I have Martins in my shed, I assume he won't mind if we leave it there for a while (thats why I originally borrowed it)

I also have my decat pipe so if you want to go for a full length and ditch the cats let me know and they can have that to build the jig as well.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SteveJ

Quote from: "markiii"I have Martins in my shed, I assume he won't mind if we leave it there for a while (thats why I originally borrowed it)

I also have my decat pipe so if you want to go for a full length and ditch the cats let me know and they can have that to build the jig as well.

Problem with just giving them the pipes is all they can do is produce something that follows the original path. This is almost certainly NOT going to be the optimum design.

The only real option is to leave the car with them while they produce the pipework and that could be some time  s:( :( s:(

GSB

Hey, if someone else is paying the bill they can have my car again!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "markiii"I have Martins in my shed, I assume he won't mind if we leave it there for a while (thats why I originally borrowed it)

Problem with just giving them the pipes is all they can do is produce something that follows the original path. This is almost certainly NOT going to be the optimum design.

The only real option is to leave the car with them while they produce the pipework and that could be some time  s:( :( s:(

Agreed, however the PPE does just that and made 11bhp so it could be worse.

however if Grants up for the inconvenience.

I have a feeling don't take it as gospel that Ian mentioned approx £800 for a full length, steve does that tally with your recollection?

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"I also have my decat pipe so if you want to go for a full length and ditch the cats let me know and they can have that to build the jig as well.

Sir, I have a cunning plan...

I'll skip the cat pipe totally...going straight from the manifold to the muffler and exiting on the left side of the car. Top Secret has a muffler that does just that and it doesn't even cost that much.

If the H&S is £800 or thereabouts, I think I'll just go for the Top Secret header as well  s:? :? s:?  That's kinda too much for my budget...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

markiii

so how much ican you get teh top secret for?

£800 was for teh full length if the manifold part is all you want it should be a lot less.

Tem

I haven't asked around, but this thread says $840 for Top Secret header:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2381 m

No idea what that would be with current rates though (and that's without any taxes anyway).

Japanparts shows about 500e for the TS "straight" muffler:
 m http://www.japanparts.com/New_web/TOYOT ... 001pic.jpg m

markiii

£467 plus vat and shipping and import duty.

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"£467 plus vat and shipping and import duty.

I meant that it's probably more $'s in US than a year ago, since the base price is in Yen and $ has been going downhill  s;) ;) s;)

Then again, shipping from Japan to Finland is probably less than from Japan to US to Finland.

markiii

I'd hope so, though with UPS you often get that as a bonus  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: