Scared the Dealer

Started by Anonymous, March 12, 2004, 14:01

Anonymous

Called the dealer today re my high milage readings.  The mileometer now says we have done 200 miles (come on you know what we are like for not using the car).  Well, it had 126 on Sunday night, and Kerstie drives 5 miles a day...do the sums, it doesnt add up.

So called Mr T.  The service guy said that they would need the car in, but have no loan cars till 27th March.  I said I wasnt prepared to use the car as we have a couple of long journeys planned.  I asked him to get the Sales Manager to call me....he didnt.

Called again and left a message to let him know that I would be calling in tomorrow and leaving the car for a full refund as it is faulty and my consumer rights allow me to do this....2 minutes later he called!.

He has never heard of this problem, I said I am happy to be disproved, but not prepared to be without a car while they do it.  So tomorrow we are both going to drive around, him in a identical celica with the same wheels etc and compare the milage then.  Hopefully this will prove or disprove the problem.  The techy guy did say it sounds like the mileometer is set to KM and not miles...so we shall see.

Anonymous

Mabye that's why my car has come up for it's 50000 mile service in just over 3 years!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I can but dream however....   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Good luck, hope the problem shows up clearly!

Tim

Liz

Wow  Tim, I thought mine was bad at just coming upto 40000 in 3 years!! I feel better now!!

Let us know what happens Craig
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

zud

Quote from: "Liz"Let us know what happens Craig

Not that we care... it's only a Celica after all!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Only messin'... nice car... best of luck tomorrow!

p.s.  i like your style (dealing with the Sales Manager)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Very   s8) 8) s8)
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"Wow  Tim, I thought mine was bad at just coming upto 40000 in 3 years!! I feel better now!!

Let us know what happens Craig

Tell me about it! I do almost exactly 200 miles per week for my commute to work, so have no idea how I've managed to do around 14000 miles every year!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "zud"p.s.  i like your style (dealing with the Sales Manager)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Very   s8) 8) s8)

It was when they put me through to servicing that p*ssed me off.  I told them that if I was to buy a faulty toaster, I wouldnt have it repaired after a week, I would be entitled to a new one.  So as far as I am concerned a fault as serious (financially) as this one entitled me to a new car.

A friend of ours took her A4 cabby back after 3 months and left them the keys and demanded a new one - guess what, they got one too!

Will update ya tomorrow - forget it being a Celica, its still a 2 with body kit and a boot extension!

Slacey

Quote from: "cstevens"Will update ya tomorrow - forget it being a Celica, its still a 2 with body kit and a boot extension!
Now your pushing things a bit far  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Yeah, ok so it has a buggered speedo, rear windscreen washer that trickles, its front wheel drive waggon.

I am so missing planting the 2, I never once wheel span in the 2, the Celica just keeps on spinning   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"I am so missing planting the 2, I never once wheel span in the 2, the Celica just keeps on spinning   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

What???!  I wheelspin my '2 in second gear on some roads at around 6000RPM. You weren't pushing your '2 hard enough!!!!

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Sundance you nutter!

Been to the dealers, he followed me, did a dual, and some b-roads.  Got back to the dealers - 3.6 miles exactly on both cars.

Ok, so I have to assume that is correct, although the guy whos Celica it was said he always was suprised at how many miles he did....so who knows this could actually be that none of them work properly.

I set the Origin B2 trip computer up to match the car, it hit 3 miles as the Celica hit 3.2 miles. So there seems to be very little in it (I presume the B2 is quite acturate.

Anyway, will tail a friend in a differnt car and see, for sure...for now I am silenced though about the milage.

P.S  The gets had our 2 on the forcourt - someone had just test driven it (it has trade plates on as we had pinched the tax disk).  The sun was shining, we saw our lovely 2 and where GUTTTTTTED!.  However an hour later the heavens open, we kicked back in the nice leather closed the electic moon roof (as its called in the manual) and smiled.

Anonymous

I think Watchdog had a thing about Peugeot 307s having funny odometer behaviour, I didn't see it but was told one car was putting on about 7 miles every time the drivers door was opened !!!!

Maybe they buy from the same supplier ?

Anonymous

Well, I am going to do a test at the weekend meeting (will get Buster to reset at Chelmsford) and see what we get to the M11.  Will also ask the CupR and S2000 for a milage check.

I am still not conviced entirely that our speedo is showing the correct stuff, but it does seem to be racking up the correct milage when we watch it.

Tags: