120mph Restriction

Started by scottee, March 13, 2004, 20:32

juansolo

I have no idea who I quoted then and I apologise for thinking it was you.

I'm not getting into bhp though.  Life's far too short.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

just found the problem with the MPH and a little less power

a thundering great big leaf against the intake filter  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
god knows how it got there but hey its sorted now

haven't tested the top end yet i will wait till I'm on nights again

Anonymous

Quote from: "juansolo"I have no idea who I quoted then and I apologise for thinking it was you.

You are a nice guy... And you certainly knows what you are talking about.

juansolo

Quote from: "pp"
Quote from: "juansolo"I have no idea who I quoted then and I apologise for thinking it was you.

You are a nice guy... And you certainly knows what you are talking about.

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  aww shucks (though I wouldn't go too far about knowing what I'm talking about though  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) .  I actually just read back with my brain in gear and saw who made the orginal comment...  Couldn't see for lookin' before  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

juansolo

Quote from: "adz648"haven't tested the top end yet i will wait till I'm on nights again

<Forum (though not this one) Mod Hat>

You should really only do top speed testing on an airfield or private land.  The likes of Elvington with it's 2 mile runway would be ideal.  I do warn you though that it is desperately boring after you've done it once.

Prolly not a good idea to mention any intention of going out and breaking the law (/Judas Priest) on the forum as it could come back on the club and we wouldn't want that.

</Forum (though not this one) Mod Hat>

Anonymous

I think the 5% thing was an over estimate anyway PP, I only used it because this is what insurance companies look out for (BHP increased in stacks of 5% according to the performance companies figures, and things that make the car more attractve to thieves like alloys or bodykits). My point was that gutting the precats may constitute as a performace modification (invalidating your insuracne) as well as make the car unroadworthy to MOT testers.

Or am i just paranoid  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Either way like everyone else here im going to gut mine if i see a crack in em... but then an insurance company that has done it homework would save £££ if they checked the cats on every MR2 claim... in the same way that they check for chipped cars they suspect have been 'modded' without consent.

just some thoughts  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "juansolo"
Quote from: "adz648"haven't tested the top end yet i will wait till I'm on nights again

<Forum (though not this one) Mod Hat>

You should really only do top speed testing on an airfield or private land.  The likes of Elvington with it's 2 mile runway would be ideal.  I do warn you though that it is desperately boring after you've done it once.

Prolly not a good idea to mention any intention of going out and breaking the law (/Judas Priest) on the forum as it could come back on the club and we wouldn't want that.

</Forum (though not this one) Mod Hat>

thats what i meant - the abandoned airstrip at work  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
mind you i will have to keep my eye out for the resident ghost but that is a whole new post

Anonymous

hello everyone, I want to by a SLD but am not sure which to buy as HKS list two model types on their web site. Anyone know which to use on a 03 SMT. It is US specs if that makes any difference, By the way, I am not buying this to break any laws. I am living in Germany and from time to time I get a chance to open my 2 up on the autobahn  but only when traffic is light on isolated sections of the autobahn. Thanks for any help.

Tags: