rear window to soft top

Started by Anonymous, March 13, 2004, 20:57

Anonymous

i've had toyota look at it twice now and have been unable to find the problem, but it only rattles when speeding so they're unlikley to find it arn't they.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "odub"I've got a rattle directly behind the drivers side seat on the parcel shelf, it stops if you put something heavyish on there.  

If you find what it is, please tell me
Will do. It was fine before the new hood was fitted, and as you say if I place my hand on the parcel shelf it stops.

Find your local Medical University and ask them if they can let you have a hand....  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  That way, you can use your own for steering/changing gear/picking your nose, etc.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Darth Paul"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "odub"I've got a rattle directly behind the drivers side seat on the parcel shelf, it stops if you put something heavyish on there.  

If you find what it is, please tell me
Will do. It was fine before the new hood was fitted, and as you say if I place my hand on the parcel shelf it stops.

Find your local Medical University and ask them if they can let you have a hand....  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  That way, you can use your own for steering/changing gear/picking your nose, etc.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

MRMike

Well picked up the car yesterday...it now rattles above my head like a rattly thing (on the right side).  And the roof doesn't fold as neatly as it used to, but i've seen worse on some cars that haven't had it replaced, so sorting the rattle out for now will do!

Got my car back which is the main thing! Damn its fast!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tem

Quote from: "MRMike"And the roof doesn't fold as neatly as it used to

Could be that they connected the two straps around the drains that at least no finnish model seems to have connected from factory. Those keep some loose fabric out of the drains, but they also make the roof harder to fold...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

MRMike

Could be Tem, the weird thing is, there are now two straps which were definitely not on the hood before it was replaced.  I'll try and get a pic so i can show you what i mean.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

heathstimpson

Quote from: "MRMike"Could be Tem, the weird thing is there is now two straps which were definitely not on the hood before it was replaced.  I'll try and get a pic so i can show you what i mean.
I noticed that too when mine was recently done and it also rattles badly. One of the rattles seems to be from the parcel shelf  s:? :? s:?

MRMike

These are the springs that were not there before..are these what you have had fitted Heath?

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

heathstimpson

What area are they in Mike  s:?: :?: s:?:

MRMike

Just behind the window, behind your head (the red in the first pic is the headrest)

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: