Rattling from everywhere

Started by Anonymous, June 30, 2003, 14:25

Tem

Quote from: "colindanks"3. the third rattle has just appeared, behind the glove box.  I know it is not the glove box, as it sounds like a wire rattling against the inner body work.  I have yet to investigate though!

Probably the airbag cable, it hangs loose in there and rattled on mine as well.

m http://spyderchat.com/faqs.htm#rattle m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

crankshaft

I know this has been covered before and I have browsed previous posts but was unable to find an exact match or anything that desribes how to fix it other than to get the dealer to do it.

This rattle is there all of the time, is very loud and appears to be coming from the airbag area. I have removed the glovebox so it's not that, I have ba banged the dashboard and can't see or hear anything, it only happens when on the move.

I have secured all of the cables including the bonnet pull cable etc, but simply cannot find where this is coming from.

Other than returning it to the dealer to be cured, has anyone sucessfully eliminated this ? - I have seen posts that this is a airbag wire, but this seems to be too loud for an airbag wire ?!

Thanx

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Anonymous

Drive the car with someone else in it... then when it starts to ratle they can poke around to see where its coming from.

DAZ400

If you can here rattles turn the stereo up louder.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Tags: