2JZ-GTE

Started by dixiedave90, August 14, 2010, 11:13

dixiedave90

Dose anyone know if it is possable to fit a 2jz-gte from a supra into the mr2 roadster its just an idea at the moment but if possable i might look at trying it out.
David...
2003 mr2 roadster / pipercross panel filter with custom intake piping / custom twin exit longlife exhaust made by ice direct / in car dvd / colour codeing all round / trd spoiler added / hid 6000K with led side and number plate bulbs / front bumper weight saving due to hitting a hare :S

markiii

you do realise just how big that engine is don;t you?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

loadswine

I think it would be easier to turn the Supra into a convertible than get a 2JZ in a Roadster.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Wabbitkilla

I think no-one has considered it, it's probably too big and heavy.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

dixiedave90

aahh  yeah good point 2jz engines are quite big. also my m8 here wondered if an rb26 from a skyline r33 would fit but im guessing its the same story as with the supra engine.
David...
2003 mr2 roadster / pipercross panel filter with custom intake piping / custom twin exit longlife exhaust made by ice direct / in car dvd / colour codeing all round / trd spoiler added / hid 6000K with led side and number plate bulbs / front bumper weight saving due to hitting a hare :S

dj2k21

the 2jz engine to put it simply fits in the supra "length-ways" and the 1zz in the roadster goes in "side-ways" so unless your willing to do serious firewall mods, then cut the bellhousing from the gearbox in half and weld it to a roadster one then there is no point doing this.

also the RB 20,25 & 30 from the nissans are a very tall yet very narrow motor, the sump would literally drag along the floor if you managed to do this.

by fitting such a monster of an engine your destroying the whole point in a roadster, why do you think you never see skylines and supra's on professional track days? there all in lotus elise and little track cars,

a big car like that is quick in a straight line, but with decent suspension mods to your roadster they dont stand a chance from the first bend.

to put in perspective, I have a friend with an 800bhp single turbo supra, and its an animal, I have half the horsepower in my car, but more importantly, less than half the weight! weight is key to a quick car, the likes of a veyron could not dream to live with lets say an aeriel atom round a track.

I know I might get hurled with abuse for this, but personally I think the best conversion possible would be a honda K20A conversion, its been done, and proved to be an absolute animal of a car, and if you wanted to be insane,  supercharger kits are readily avalable for that engine also. the full conversion kit is avalable in the states and japan too.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

dixiedave90

yeah i know what you mean and like i said its just an idea and im more likly to get the 3.5 v6 2gr-fe from the camry.  its just finding a place around norfolk that will do the conversion if not then its a nice roadtrip to a place that dose it.
David...

dj2k21

I hear what your saying like matey, and I know a few people have gone down the camry route, I think probably thor or woodsport in durham is best for what you want then, I know woodsport ar brilliant, I know a few people that had work done there.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Wabbitkilla

From all accounts the 2grfe lump is really good in the roadster... well wotrth a thought   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: