Rattle Rattle and heat wrap

Started by nathanMR2, August 22, 2010, 18:57

nathanMR2

So after Peterborough run last Sunday i developed a nasty rattle. It took some time to investigate as to removed my diffuser i have to remove my rear bumper   s:( :( s:(   Not such bad news as i gave me a chance to replace some very old and rust bolts and give things abit of a clean down.

Cutting a long story short ive removed all my exhaust heat shields as alot of the nut and bolts were falling apart. Ive rubbed the cat heat shield down and given it a few coats of black high temp paint and once ive got some new bolts ill refit that. Im also going to keep the manifold heatshield (i think), I do want to heat wrap the small section from the manifold to the cat (where that bloody crappy heatshield causes everyone problems) Mine had started to rattle something rotten even with 2 jubilee clips securely around it.

Im guessing there is good and bad heat wrap. What should i go for? Id quite like it to be black also. There seems to be loads of people selling it on ebay but im not sure whats good and bad
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: