New manifold fitted, what now??

Started by weddallenko, October 11, 2010, 20:55

weddallenko

Hi Guys,

Just fitted a new exhaust manifold to my 1ZZ, the pre-cats in the original manifold looked fine (thank god)
Obviously it sounds a bit more throaty and I've read it adds 10-15Bhp... is this true?
Can any one recommend the next upgrade? How good are the K&N 57i-9002 Generation 2 Kits?
I'd like to remove the standard air intake filter and replace with something less restrictive, after all I want to let my baby breathe!

Thanks in advance...  s:D :D s:D
"One Lady Owner" - So the Clutch is f*cked then...

Anonymous

Nothing like 10 to 15bhp.

Anonymous

Goeman

Not much chance you got more than 2-3hp out of it. I'd heat wrap the manifold as it can help with the evacuation of gasses and maybe give you a little bit more.

They links provided by Bryan are a good place to start with power but I think in most people's opinion chassis bracing is a good way to go to make the car better.
Russell

frogger

Quote from: "Goeman"Not much chance you got more than 2-3hp out of it. I'd heat wrap the manifold as it can help with the evacuation of gasses and maybe give you a little bit more.

They links provided by Bryan are a good place to start with power but I think in most people's opinion chassis bracing is a good way to go to make the car better.

+1

weddallenko

Cheers fellas,

Yeah I did think that quoted increase in power was a bit optimistic...   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
Still, I wanted to get rid of the pre-cats so ANY increase in output is a bonus....
Chassis bracing is a great idea, its on the list. A markiii pipe seems to be the way to go, I guess I had better pm this guy to see what the deal is, if they are made to order?

Although I think tyres may take priority now, raiding the piggy bank to get some T1-R's...

Thanks,
"One Lady Owner" - So the Clutch is f*cked then...

Mad Matt

There's a group buy on for the Mark III pipes at the moment......

Tags: