YORK DRAGSTRIP

Started by dj2k21, October 11, 2010, 23:57

dj2k21

could I just ake this oppertunity to express my extreme disgust in the caliber of people who attend york drag strip....

was there the other day with the gang from FRD who built my car,  all day all we got was "how much was that" or "what bhp is that" .....WTF exactly do these idiots think bhp figures matter for? torque wins races not bhp u muppits, ohhh lets go wank over the 800bhp supra... yeh it might be 800bhp but it weighs 2 tonnes you morons, like 3 times more than the mr2, what exactly dont they understand about power to weight ratios? and as far as asking the price, asif your dole money is ever gunna allow you to buy something like that car so why ask?

really really boils my piss.... best one of the day was some bloke from bradford... "random scummer - how much bhp duz dis av ma man?" "Tom (FRD)-dunno mate aint dyno'd it," "random scummer - what so you built it but you dont know what bhp its kickin out?" "me - and why exactly does bhp matter mate, you watched it just beat every car it raced, is that not enough?" "random scummer - oh man am goin ova der init, sum mg with 1000brake ova there like"

god damn was so annoying lol
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Goeman

Nice rant. I'd give it a B. Needs a bit more rage and a couple of well placed expletives. I know horse power isn't everything but i'm quite sure 800hp is more than enough to make most cars quick.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I too hate those chavvy type gits but being a Stockton lad you should be more than used to it. It's tracksuit central in the town centre. Don't be offended though I'm Stockton born and bred. Still there in fact. I believe the random scummer would pronounced it Bratfud by the way not Bradford.

I haven't ever seen your car about. Do you keep it locked away? It's seems to distinctive to miss. Would be nice to see it sometime.
Russell

E

Yeah! but you still hasnt tell, me how much bhp duz dis av my man.

dj2k21

Haha yeh ur right stockton is an absolute dive, it needs pulling down lol.
Yeh I just felt that my utter disgust in people in general needed to be said haha.
I do tend to keep the beast locked away to be honest, I don't really like anyone to see it on my drive or anything so I usually put it straight in the garage.  As far as bhp goes were not 100% sure and as were all roadster owners on here I don't mind saying lol but I would antisipate about 400, give or take 10 or 15. A good friend has a bright yellow honda civic jordan (stockton people will probs know it) and that has a honda type R K20 engine and then its forged and turbo'd too and mine embaresses it round the streets.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

MR04CAZ

Firstly I don't think it's fair to tarnish all of York Dragstrip attendees with the same brush, I live in York and have been to the Dragstrip many a time and I don't think your been fair to say were all like that.

Also if you go Drag racing what do you expect? It's not show and shine ! people will assume that if your interested in how fast your car goes on the strip that you will know your power to weight ratio not what type of polishing compound you use !

Ilogik

People taking an interes t in your car
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

kentsmudger

Quote from: "MR04CAZ"Also if you go Drag racing what do you expect? It's not show and shine ! people will assume that if your interested in how fast your car goes on the strip that you will know your power to weight ratio not what type of polishing compound you use !

I think that was his point!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

MR04CAZ

Quote from: "kentsmudger"
Quote from: "MR04CAZ"Also if you go Drag racing what do you expect? It's not show and shine ! people will assume that if your interested in how fast your car goes on the strip that you will know your power to weight ratio not what type of polishing compound you use !

I think that was his point!

Exactly so why is he kicking up a fuss on here about people who visit that Dragstrip calling everyone Chavs and saying that he doesn't know the BHP of his car, if you don't know it don't go to a dragstrip expecting no one to ask you! They'll always be someone there with more power or reckon they have a better idea than you about what to run but you just take it as banter not start a thread about the Dragstrip giving it a bad rep !

aaronjb

While we're at it  s;) ;) s;)  A MkIV Supra weighs ~1500Kg, so nowhere near three times the weight of an MR2 - more like 1.5x.  Now you'd almost certainly struggle to launch an 800bhp Supra down the track as well as a 500bhp MR2, so I suspect a ~400bhp MR2 would probably beat it down the quarter mile (although on a longer distance, you can bet the Supra would be a dot in the distance..)

Anyway, it does strike me as a little odd to go to a drag strip (which is all about power) and be surprised when people ask you how much power you have - if nothing else, they'd probably like to know it takes X bhp to move Y Kg down the dragstrip in Z seconds.. I know I would.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dj2k21

Let me just clear a few things up as I presume my rant probably came off a little different than I intended.

I am in no way slating everyone from york and in no way saying everyone is a chav, its a very small minority (who were not even racing their cars might I add) and they approached a mk2 golf which was an absolute work of art, the technical achievement and knowledge of the lad who owned it was unreal. Then these said people approached it and asked the lad "ere mate what's it runnin?" And ofcourse "how much did it cost" now to be fair to golf owner he told them power figures but didn't wish to disclose the cost of his build which I personally would feel same aswell, I think its quite rude to ask the price just to be nosey and having no intentions of buying the same stuff. The lad gave a figure of around 400bhp and they more or less turned their nose up at it and walked off. I guess what I am trying to say is we seem to live in a fast and furious generation, because it didn't have chrome spinners and samco hoses they didn't wanna know.  And it upsets me that myself and others spend sometimes years and years creating these what I would call works of art, for some idiot to slate it for not being bling enough or whatever. As it happens that golf ran 10 second quarter and won his class too, out pacing much higher powered cars.

So to re cap, I don't think everyone is an idiot, and lots of good banter was exchanged, the reason I don't want to know my power figures is I don't want to start chasing my tale and trying to get to a magic number, as far as I am concerned I am very happy with its performance and that's it really. Hope I didn't annoy some people, that really wasn't my intention so if so I am sorry. Thanks

Tags: