A smelly problem........

Started by Anonymous, March 19, 2004, 20:22

Anonymous

Folks,

Can anybody help me crack this one  s:?: :?: s:?:  

For the last few days, about 10 minutes into my drive to and from work I get a strong smell wafting through the air vents..........  After a few seconds it clears    s:? :? s:?  

Two points:

a)  The closest thing I can liken it to is.... well...um...... cats pee..   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    
b)  Before anybody suggests it - IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH ME  s:!: :!: s:!:  

I'm assuming it's something to do with when the car reaches temperature as it's happening at about the same point in my journey(s).  It had it's 20k mile service last week and it wasn't happening before   s:? :? s:?  

Any suggestions  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Ray

markiii

leaking fluid of one sort or another from teh front end?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

loadswine

I've just got my 2 (2000 xreg 30k) and when I was cleaning it the other day I noticed a peculiar smell from the front of the car. Thought it was foxes but I think I'd better be on the lookout for a leak  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  not ME ,the car!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"leaking fluid of one sort or another from the front end?

Will be getting under there 1st thing tomorrow to check - that's for sure.

It's driving me absolutely nuts  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

have you got air con????

Anonymous

Quote from: "jonboy"have you got air con????

No I haven't jonboy

Anonymous

just thought it might have been something to do with that.
normally i get the same smell when the car has been standing for a couple of days and i have the heater up full.

markiii

Quote from: "R2MUL"
Quote from: "markiii"leaking fluid of one sort or another from the front end?

Will be getting under there 1st thing tomorrow to check - that's for sure.

It's driving me absolutely nuts  s:!: :!: s:!:

pop the plastic liner from teh fron wheel well, it's easier.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "R2MUL"Folks,
a)  The closest thing I can liken it to is.... well...um...... cats pee..   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    
Any suggestions  s:?: :?: s:?:  Ray

Could it be the 'catty litty converter'   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Comer

Quote from: "cartell"
Quote from: "R2MUL"Folks,
Any suggestions  s:?: :?: s:?:  Ray

Could it be the 'catty litty converter'   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Terrible.  But I like it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Comer

Going back to the thread, I reckon you may have a load of mouldy leaves trapped under the front somewhere???
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

crankshaft

Oops, someone asked this already !!!!
=========================

Do you have Aircon ???

If there's a slow leak, you will smell it for a few minutes when you start the car, smells strange, maybe a little like cat's pee !!

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Tags: