tyre wear - ARB??

Started by ad_car_08, October 17, 2010, 22:11

ad_car_08

Hi,

I was just wondering if someone might confirm (or advise otherwise) whether my hunch is correct.

I noticed that my ARB is extremely rusty and am aware that the shocks on my car are the original, factory fit ones (car is 2000 W reg with 105k+ miles)...and now my passenger front wheel is showing wear on the outside! Not both tyres, just the passenger side?!

I always make sure tyres are pumped to the correct pressure and don't particularly corner very quickly, so the only other thing I can come up with is the suspension or ARB. Could I be right?

I'm reluctant to buy new tyres before I can solve the problem...  s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

ad_car_08

Just to add, the tyres are still legal - I'm not being a naughty boy   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Have had the tracking done on my wheels - I can't understand why this could be happening   s:( :( s:(
[/size]

aaronjb

I don't think I can see how it would be the antiroll bar, but a worn bush somewhere else on the suspension could do it .. that or alignment (camber off after a pothole or toe wildly out)..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

ad_car_08

I suspect you could be right about a possible worn bush somewhere. I'm just researching how to test/diagnose a worn bush so I can pinpoint the problematic area.
Thanks
[/size]

Tags: