ECU

Started by weddallenko, October 22, 2010, 22:18

weddallenko

ECU
Evening,

How long does the battery need to be disconnected to completely reset the ECU?
I've read that it's an hour... Is that for real? does it not reset as soon as the power is removed or is there a back up battery?
Caps in the circuit shouldn't take an hour to discharge should they, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance...
"One Lady Owner" - So the Clutch is f*cked then...

onion86

Yeah probably about an hour to be safe... No it doesn't reset as soon as you disconnect it.

I 'think' (don't really remember) there are 2 fuses you can remove and it will reset the ECU without disconnecting the battery, but it will still take a while.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

muffdan

Depends what you're trying to reset. A CEL will clear within a minute, long term fuel trims up to 20 minutes. Notsure what the actual minimum figures are, but they are HHS times that worked for me.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Cap

There are two Disconnect times for the ECU..  ( as stated before )..  

The first one is the 'Momentary Disconnect', and that I do for about 10-30 seconds..  If I do it for about 10 seconds, then the Clock and radio stay programmed, but the ECU will clear the Check Engine Lite..  

The 'Longer Disconnect' is about 10 minutes..  This one will reset the ECU ( and the Fuel trims as stated before ) back to factory fresh condition.  You can tell when this 'Long Disconnect' was successful, as the Spedo and tack will raise to about 1/4 the way up the dial then hold for a few seconds, then fall back to the normal rest position, when the battery is reconnected.  

Cap

Tags: