Lowering Spring Prices

Started by Anonymous, March 20, 2004, 13:45

Anonymous

Hi All,

Have decided to look into lowering the car and have spent this morning looking at some of the options and prices.

Local Toyota dealer has a set of TTE springs in stock and is quoting £140 for these. They are also quoting 4 hours for fitting which will include the 4 wheel alignment check. This would bring the total cost to around £370.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I then went along to the local performance parts dealer (Checkpoint) and they are quoting £150 for a set of Eibach's (same springs as TTE). The difference is they are quoting £80 for the fitting including a 4 wheel alignment check. Total cost through them would be around £230. Does this seem excessively cheap to you? Worries me a bit that there's such a difference in fitting price - I'm not keen to pay silly money but nor do I want the job botched up for the sake of saving a few quid.

But then I think - should I buy the TTE springs and have the other place fit them - and should I then also wait for Slacey's group buy and save another few quid?!!

Hmm - not sure what I'm looking for in reply to this post - I guess the main question is does £80 seem worryingly cheap for fitting and alignment.

s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

i doubt it actually take four hours to fit them even if they are doing a full alignment check

fit them your self and have Toyota do the alignment checks

i think slacey and others fitted 5 sets in a day and not garage lifts either. but they will have more details about that

Slacey

Right, you will save some cash with my GB (now imminent), but obviously I can't help with the fitting costs, so I suppose that's not much help really  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies.

Slacey - you can count me in for your group buy - I'll keep an eye out in the Buying/Selling forum and add my name when the time comes.

At the moment I'm tempted towards getting the springs fitted by a third party but getting the alignment checked by Toyota.

Anonymous

Toyota probably wont do the alighment themselves but take it somewhere local - might be cheaper to get it done yourself.

SteveJ

Quote from: "adz648"i think slacey and others fitted 5 sets in a day and not garage lifts either. but they will have more details about that

It was myself (SteveJ) and Mark (markiii) - we fitted 5 sets of springs in just over a day last year. We also fitted mark's complete Sportivo suspension in a weekend.

Sean's (slacey) are being fitted on the Sunday after the treasure hunt (weather permitting)

Anonymous

my goof sorry

credit should go to you lot

Tags: