will this increase bhp?

Started by Anonymous, November 9, 2010, 07:13

Anonymous

my mate is selling his roadster soon and he's planning to go back stock, so i decided to buy a couple of mods of him. but need some advice

i will be buying his che manifold so my question is what would i need to replace for the che manifold to go on? and i also be buying a dastek ecu of him in which i dunno whether it will work or not. the dastek is of a uk spec manual and i have mr-s (import) SMT. i did do a search but it turns out to be a different type of dastek compared to the one's i see on here.

nathanMR2

Regarding the Che Manifold you should just need to replace the gasket which you should be able to get from MrT
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

mrzwei

That looks like a straightforward 'plug n play' chip although it doesn't seem to have the A/B map switch connection associated with the generic US import ones. You need to find out whether  it was mapped specifically for the car it comes from or that it is just an 'average spec' plug in unit. If your car is a similar spec to the doner car then it should be ok.The fact that it's an SMT won't make any difference. I don't know if there are major differences with an MRS.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Regarding the Che Manifold you should just need to replace the gasket which you should be able to get from MrT

does anyone have the parts number for the gasket? i belive theres 2, the manifold and downpipe. would i also need to change the nuts and bolts?

muffdan

Quote from: "blackskylinegtr"would i also need to change the nuts and bolts?

My advice would be to replace them. Better safe than sorry! Depending on how aged your current setup is, you might break a few of the old ones getting them undone.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tags: