window seals leaking

Started by Chris H, November 18, 2010, 17:36

Chris H

hi,can anyone help....i seem to be having slight leaking on both doors from the seals around the windows at the top.
the rain runs down the inside just near to the tweeter speakers,same place all the time.

Anonymous

Check the little hard plastic covers, where the roof meets the top of the windscreen. One of mine had moved slightly and was leting water in at the same place.

Patch

This also happened to my car.  When I bent the plastic cover back, it snapped off.  So I snapped the other one off so the drivers side matched the passenger side.  No more leaks!

Anonymous

Mine simply slid back into place.

Anonymous

Copied from another place   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

One of the most common causes of water in the passenger/driver foot wells is the little plastic guide half way up the door pillars (see pictures).

To check if this is the culprit just get a hose pipe and spray in the area of the guide and you should see water running down the inside of the glass.

They are supported by a metal bracket that can be easily bent, I have done this to show what it is like in the second picture and the third picture shows what it should be like.

If the plastic guide is missing and the metal support remains, this can still cause a distortion to the rubber seal and should be bent out of the way making a nice even seal against the window.

Wrong position

How it should look with nice straight seal

Anonymous

The plastic part a couple of inches above the tab is what had slid out of place on mine, check that too.

Treboeth

Is it possible to purchase the part in Les's picture from Toyota or is it a breakers yard item?

Patch

It's really not needed.  I took mine off and all the leaking stopped...

no1trancefan

i was given this part number for the part with the plastic guide 75505-17040, i dont get water leak but definately get wind noise from there. have tried adjusting roof clasps etc. the plastic clip is stil on the passenger side and dont get any wind noise there. has anyone bought this part number wanted to make sure its definately right before ordering.

ps can the metal strip be bent out the way which it states in the solution ie do you not want that metal strip showing if the plastic clip has come off

no1trancefan

someone help me with this part number tried ctp wrong part number, tried mk toyota wrong part 3 times been in twice! going mad

2 of the left

Try breakers - The Mk 2 has the same type of window "guide"!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

CrazySX

I had a water leak on the passenger side, just went out and checked if this was the issue and IT WAS!!!!  Bent the guide back, plumped the rubber and all seems well! I love you guys!

Tags: