What price a turbo conversion?

Started by MattPerformance, December 18, 2010, 20:46

PeteT

Quote from: "brad82"Well I dropped my car off at matts this morning to have the low output kit installed   s:D :D s:D  

Now cant wait to pick it up all turbo'ed up   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  how slow will time go now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

ooooh very good, lets us know how it goes. Been out in a turbo mk3 this weekend as a passenger and it is very tempting.
Pete

ChrisGB

Quote from: "brad82"Well I dropped my car off at matts this morning to have the low output kit installed   s:D :D s:D  

Now cant wait to pick it up all turbo'ed up   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  how slow will time go now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

A lot slower than the car will go once you get it back I reckon  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

muffdan

You are going to love it Brad. I still very fondly remember the drive home when I first got boosted.

Which power level did you go for?
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

vinp182

Quote from: "PeteT"

ooooh very good, lets us know how it goes. Been out in a turbo mk3 this weekend as a passenger and it is very tempting.

Do it Pete   s:D :D s:D
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Ilogik

for the money you can't go wrong with a turbo, if money is not option consider a V6 or 2zz as alternatives, i love the 2zz, always leaves me smiling, much more than my turbo did.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

MattPerformance

Quote from: "Ilogik"for the money you can't go wrong with a turbo, if money is not option consider a V6 or 2zz as alternatives, i love the 2zz, always leaves me smiling, much more than my turbo did.

But you never quite got your turbo right to be fair.  Jamfe355, the new owner of your kit, has had his car remapped at Redline (according to the SP formula) and it made just shy of 240bhp  s:) :) s:)

AmeR

Aww I want one so badly!! Anyone fancy treating me? Belated Xmas gift!?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ilogik

Quote from: "MattPerformance"
Quote from: "Ilogik"for the money you can't go wrong with a turbo, if money is not option consider a V6 or 2zz as alternatives, i love the 2zz, always leaves me smiling, much more than my turbo did.

But you never quite got your turbo right to be fair.  Jamfe355, the new owner of your kit, has had his car remapped at Redline (according to the SP formula) and it made just shy of 240bhp  s:) :) s:)

Mine was re mapped in the end at Weston Performance by Greg Gush who now owns Protuner, I made 239, just didn't enjoy it as much as when I had my n/a, especially when the pipes started messing up and it meant having to faff around getting replacement parts from TTE. You sorted all these issues so your kit is plug and play, mine was kinda plug and play up to the point of me wasting lots of time and effort with the clueless/useless Thor racing who couldn't get the car right so I ended up losing faith
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

andywood

.....and how long will it take to get you back there to have some high output additions made?? The temptation of more power will break a man....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Either way you are going to love it, all the new sounds alone will bring a smile to your face.

Andy
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

ninjinski

Nice looking car mate, loved the wheels and spoiler - it was me who pulled up with my TTE for a quick service just as you were leaving. Matt will do a sterling job on your car and it will blow you away when you get it back.

Anyone else contemplating a kit from Matt, DO IT. Ive got 30,000mls on my kit now including a few track days without issue. Fool proof kit and Matt is always there to service and maintain the car for you.

Let us know how you get on when you get the car back, the first time you take it out and accellerate the car will litterally hurl you down the road, great feeling!!!   s:D :D s:D
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

brad82

Quote from: "andywood".....and how long will it take to get you back there to have some high output additions made?? The temptation of more power will break a man....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Either way you are going to love it, all the new sounds alone will bring a smile to your face.

Andy

I havent got it back yet and erm the additions have been given the nod   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Quote from: "ninjinski"Nice looking car mate, loved the wheels and spoiler - it was me who pulled up with my TTE for a quick service just as you were leaving. Matt will do a sterling job on your car and it will blow you away when you get it back.

Let us know how you get on when you get the car back, the first time you take it out and accellerate the car will litterally hurl you down the road, great feeling!!!

thanks mate, i'm really looking forward to that first drive bet it really sticks in your mind   s:D :D s:D
EX SP240 gone, BMW Z4M gone, Audi s3 + something else arriving soon

Chris

Good lad Brad, you won't regret it!

I'll have to get to an essex meet at some point when you get it back to remind myself what i'm missing...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Terry

Sorry I'm new, is Matt still doing these kits and where is he located thanks

shnazzle

He is not. You'd be very lucky to find a kit come up for sale 2nd hand. And you'd be even luckier to convince Matt to fit it  s:) :) s:)  

Whifbitz or custom seems to be the way forward at the minute
...neutiquam erro.

Ardent

Terry
As above, better to by the whole car rather than trying to source a second hand kit.

shnazzle

Also Terry, it might be worth having a go in someone's turbo first as it's an entirely different experience. There's even people who have had turbos and gone to 2zz or v6 conversions afterwards and enjoyed it more.
...neutiquam erro.

brettfield999

Nothing to do with me but as luck would have it there is a Silver turbo converted FL model on eBay for five bags
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

StuC

That is one understated 2! Looks very tidy.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Treboeth

Quote from: "StuC"That is one understated 2! Looks very tidy.
I think its the colour   s;) ;) s;)

StuC

Obvs I can't agree to that
  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

loadswine

Quote from: "shnazzle"Also Terry, it might be worth having a go in someone's turbo first as it's an entirely different experience. There's even people who have had turbos and gone to 2zz or v6 conversions afterwards and enjoyed it more.

Wise words! Turbos can be a lot of fun, but may not suit everyone. I am quite enjoying N/A 1zz motoring again, and really like the sounds. Just got to get My Apexi PFC fixed and smooth it all out a bit!  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Bernie

Quote from: "loadswine"
Quote from: "shnazzle"Also Terry, it might be worth having a go in someone's turbo first as it's an entirely different experience. There's even people who have had turbos and gone to 2zz or v6 conversions afterwards and enjoyed it more.

Wise words! Turbos can be a lot of fun, but may not suit everyone. I am quite enjoying N/A 1zz motoring again, and really like the sounds. Just got to get My Apexi PFC fixed and smooth it all out a bit!  s;) ;) s;)

You've just jogged my memory Nige will dig out my instruction booklet and scan a copy over !
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

loadswine

Thanks Bernie!  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "shnazzle"He is not. You'd be very lucky to find a kit come up for sale 2nd hand. And you'd be even luckier to convince Matt to fit it  s:) :) s:)  

Whifbitz has removed their kit from their webshop now as well

shnazzle

Quote from: "Essex2Visuvesi"
Quote from: "shnazzle"He is not. You'd be very lucky to find a kit come up for sale 2nd hand. And you'd be even luckier to convince Matt to fit it  s:) :) s:)  

Whifbitz has removed their kit from their webshop now as well
No big loss really from what I hear
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: