New front tyres - clonking gone

Started by paul russell, March 24, 2004, 15:37

paul russell

I thought I would give an update after having new Bridgestone RE040's fitted to the front. It appears that the juddering/clonking has now gone, so I guess there must be something in what the dealers are saying. However, its inevitable that the problem will return once the tyres start wearing down so I think something still needs to be investigated by Toyota.

markiii

they will also have kaen the load of f teh suspension while fitting them, I'll be interested to see if it comes back after it has settled.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

zud

I think the suspension settling will be OK... my clonking hasn't returned since I had my F1s fitted before Chrimbo.  

I'm wondering what will happen once the F1s wear down.
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

markiii

F1;s I never had a problem with I'm just curious as they have fitted RE040's to his again.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

what do u think of the RE040's?

Anonymous

Mine did it's judder thing with my new Toyo's on, just as it did for the old RE040.

It's not happened as much recently, but then it's been a bit warmer, and I've been avoiding using full lock for this very reason.

markiii

Quote from: "floater"what do u think of the RE040's?

personally I hate them, my only set were lethal. however I have noticed those on Steves perform much better, so I may just have had a bad set.

there biggest benefit is they have stiff sidewalls, but there aremuch better tyres out there.

Proxies are a quater of the price, and better in every respect than this.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"Proxies are a quater of the price, and better in every respect than this.

I'll second that!   s:D :D s:D

Liz

I'll third it!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: