Air filter replacement

Started by Anonymous, March 27, 2004, 17:42

Anonymous

Just finished changing air filter. There is only one tool you require that is:hands the size of a babies with the strength of the Hulk   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Boy, do Toyota do this on purpose, I mean give you no room at all to get your hands in the place you require, so as to perfom the operation of replacing the two clips battery side of air box.

What should be a simple job turns into Irritable Bowel Syndrome in other words (a pain in the arse).

No wonder prices for servicing are high.

The only consolation is I probaly won't have to change/clean it again for 2-3 years.

Anonymous

Did you manage to get the lid all the way off, or did you just slide the old one out and slide the new one in?

And yes, I agree.... couldn't believe how tricky this was.

Anonymous

Get the lid off!!, did I fu*k, sliding the old one out and new in was bad enough, if I had to take the lid completly off I'd probaly still be there now cursing the wife and telling her to piss off when she says, "would you like a cup of tea" well you have to blame someone, might as well be her.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

SteveJ

Hmm - not sure what the fuss is about.

To remove the airbox lid, all you need is a screwdriver and about 10 minutes of your time.

1) Use the screwdriver to loosen the clamp holding the outlet pipe on the airbox and slide the pipe off.

2) Use the screwdriver to release the two clips (a little bit fiddly, but not that difficult)

3) Disconnect the MAF

4) Unclip the coolant return pipe from the lid of the airbox.

5) Remove airbox lid and replace filter element.

Reassembly is the reverse (except clips need to pushed in by hand)

Total time is about 10 minutes

Anonymous

There's always one  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

When your passing drop in and show me, I'll start the clock.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Ah, see I did what Cartell did, slide in slide out... and it's pita.

Undoing the outlet pipe would make it more easy, but that's more dissassembly than I'm used to.

Might give it whirl tomorrow and double check my filter's property seated.

Anonymous

I disconnected the outlet pipe, does give you a bit more room but more difficult to re-seat clips, the outlet pipe holds the air box steadier but with outlet in place cant get my hand/fingers in to re-seat clips.

Never mind stevej will always do it for you  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cartell"cursing the wife and telling her to piss off when she says, "would you like a cup of tea" well you have to blame someone, might as well be her.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

The next time, you should trink your tea first.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:D :D s:D

Tags: