Rear Brake Piston Rewind Tool

Started by 2003bluecat, February 14, 2011, 13:59

2003bluecat

Hello, a few questions about changing my brake pads.

Am I right in assuming that I need a R/H drive rewind tool for the rear brake caliper pistons?

And am I also right in assuming I need one of these and not a g-clamp to wind it back?

Cheers

Karl

markiii

correct
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

2003bluecat

Quote from: "markiii"correct

Thanks!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

tasc74

I must be missing something, why cant you or shouldnt you use a g clamp?

2003bluecat

Quote from: "tasc74"I must be missing something, why cant you or shouldnt you use a g clamp?

You may be able to, but to do it properly it must be difficult as the rear pistons are threaded for use with the handbrake, so ideally they should be turned back in AFAIK

But a piston rewind tool is a lot cheaper than a new caliper   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Goeman

There's also something about once the piston is fully wound in you unwind it 180deg and the handbrake works much better.
Russell

nathanMR2

Ive got one you can borrow if needed mate?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

2003bluecat

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Ive got one you can borrow if needed mate?

Thanks mate but I ordered one off amazon now. Although if it doesn't work I may take you up on that offer...

tasc74

oh dear.... thought it had gone a little smoothly. havent bled them yet so i guess i wont know if i have wrecked them. This whole asking questions before you start a job is a pretty good idea really    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Toplesscouple

Quote from: "tasc74"oh dear.... thought it had gone a little smoothly. havent bled them yet so i guess i wont know if i have wrecked them. This whole asking questions before you start a job is a pretty good idea really    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Just to make you feel even better tasc   s:) :) s:)  

l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17198 l

Tags: