WORKSHOP MANUALS

Started by griff, February 17, 2011, 15:50

griff

I'm a new MR2 onwner and I wondered if anyone could recommend a workshop manual. I know that a haynes  manual does  not exist and I have seen manuals on e-bay. Can anyone recommend a complete  disc or book?  
Many thanks in advance.
51 plate silver MR2 roadster. Red cloth interior. Standard car. Pre-cats removed.

markiii

pretty much teh only ones available are teh official toyota ones or pdf rip offs there of
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Goeman

Type 'MR2 Roadster repair manual' into ebay and see what it brings up.
Russell

griff

Thanks guys.I did look at e-bay. Might sound silly, but they all seemed really cheap? Can they really be a workshop manuals for that price? Not complaining, but am always being told you get what you pay for.

Have you guys bought any of them? Could you recommend one over the other to me? Or should I go to Toyota direct?
Any help would be of use.

Thanks
51 plate silver MR2 roadster. Red cloth interior. Standard car. Pre-cats removed.

markiii

if you buy teh CD version they are all knock offs, as toyota didn;t produce one, thats why they are cheap
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

roger

I haven't got the link at home, but Toyota do have a technical website where you gain access to manuals etc by paying a subscription.

By all counts a 24 hour subscription is quite cheap and you can download all you want in that time.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

griff

Thanks Roger,
I'll dig around and see if I can find a thread with the link.
Reagards
Griff

cclarke99

The Toyota link is  m http://www.toyota-tech.eu/ m

I have bought a couple of the eBay manuals, they were obviously ripped off, one was very good, the other pretty useless

griff

Thanks CClarke99,
I'll try the same route and then also look at the toyoya website, so thanks.

Griff

Tadlad

Hi I know everyone knocks the cheap PDF ones off ebay but to be honest I thought it was the best £3.25 I ever spent!  It takes a bit of getting used to to get around it but once you work that out it is packed full of excellent information.  I bought a car needing loads of work and have used the manual extensively  since buying it.  I am not linked in any way to whoever sells them but I can only speak as I find.  I know much of this stuff is available online but it would take forever to search for it all so fair play to them for pulling it all together in one place.

E

The thing is that no mattter how usefull these manuals may be we as a club cannot condone the use of ilegally copied copyright material.

Anonymous

Quote from: "E"The thing is that no mattter how usefull these manuals may be we as a club cannot condone the use of ilegally copied copyright material.

Correct.

And nobody breaks speed limits either.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

E

Not me, no sir, no.

griff

Point Taken,
I look at the  offical Toyota  manuals.

nimrod

Can I get hold of a workshop manual in book form.

aaronjb

Quote from: "nimrod"Can I get hold of a workshop manual in book form.

I believe you could get them from Toyota.. I think. ISTR they have part numbers?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: