Headlight Bulb Type

Started by Anonymous, July 3, 2003, 16:47

Anonymous

Ok,

I want some ne headlights, some really bright ones, the standard ones just arent bright enough, can anyone give me the code so i can buy some uprated ones.

Cheers

James.

Anonymous

Should've done a search!...

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=175

--H--

Anonymous

That doesn't say what you need for an 03 though, just 02.

Anonymous

I apologise, you should have said you have an '03.

--H--

Anonymous

Same H4 and side ligths W5W

Any upgrade on standard bulbs will give you better light but depending if you want a blue effect or a halogen effect, makes all the difference   s:D :D s:D

mph

Quote from: "Buster"blue effect
Do *not* get anthing that has a blue tint or filter as you'll end up seeing less, even if it's a higher wattage bulb. Xenon bulbs will naturally have a very slight blue tint to them due to their colour temp, but that's entirely different. I use them, though strictly anything that produces it's bulk emission down that end of the spectrum isn't going to be so good as a 'brilliant' or 'all weather' white bulb.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"
Quote from: "Buster"blue effect
Do *not* get anthing that has a blue tint or filter as you'll end up seeing less, even if it's a higher wattage bulb. Xenon bulbs will naturally have a very slight blue tint to them due to their colour temp, but that's entirely different. I use them, though strictly anything that produces it's bulk emission down that end of the spectrum isn't going to be so good as a 'brilliant' or 'all weather' white bulb.

Thats what i ment was that the Halogen or Xenon bulbs will give a blue type colour output, like what you see on high spec audis or BMW's   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SteveJ

AFAIK the dipped beam on the '03 is a toyota special, so currently there are no alternatives available  s:( :( s:(

SteveJ

Tags: