Tesco Momentum99

Started by aluk49, March 4, 2011, 11:56

aluk49

Tesco claim it improves performance and MPG (okay, they say it could, not definately will).  I decided to try it out as I am off to Snetterton next week.  I think it has improved the power (engine picks up quicker) but consequently my mpg has gone down as I enjoy the gains  :-) :-) :-)   any one else been using it?

Al

markiii

on a stock ecu its likely all in your head

on a mapped ecu I actually prefer it to vpower
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

nathanMR2

+ 1 for Vpower. Its buddy expensive atm though   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

aluk49

Quoteon a stock ecu its likely all in your head

Probably right there Mark  LoL

newboi

I only ever use Tesco99, I've always just seen it as being cleaner and therefore better for the engine than the standard supermarket fuel

I remember there was a test done which included all fuels - supermarket v BP Ultimate v Tesco99 v VPower.  VPower had the highest gains but gains vs cost Tesco99 was the preference.
[size=85]2000 Roadster
Amuse lightweight manifold, AEM Cold Air Induction, eBay exhaust, Tein S.Tech springs, Lenso RS5 alloys, Toyo T1Rs[/size]

E

Ive always used Tesco Momentum99, previously 99 super unleaded its good fuel.

jam sarnie

I've always used it and the 99 octane fuel that Tesco's used to offer before Momentum.  Used it in my S40 T5 before aquiring my "2" recently, both cars seemed to run a little better with the higher octane.

lemans

I've been using it for the last few fillups and am watching the fuel economy.

I am also making sure I get a 5p off voucher before filling up.  Only problem is, it costs £100 to fill up  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

onion86

Quote from: "lemans"I've been using it for the last few fillups and am watching the fuel economy.

I am also making sure I get a 5p off voucher before filling up.  Only problem is, it costs £100 to fill up  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
What car are you filling up for £100!? When I filled mine up last week after the fuel light came on it was only £51 and that was (as always for Fuelly stats) with the petrol right up to the brim so anymore would overflow it. If you're talking about the picasso (I did a search) the fuel tank is only 12 litres bigger than the 2 so that sounds excessive too.

Never fill mine up without the 5p off voucher, I was using 99 until 6 months ago, I must say I've not really noticed any difference without it and I'm pretty sure my ecu is mapped to use Tesco 99. The highest MPG I ever got in the 2 was with 95.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

lemans

Stu

I was refering to the fact that you have to spend over £50 in Tescos to get a 5p/litre voucher then you spend £50 on petrol.  So in all it costs me over £100 to "fill up"  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

mrzwei

Quote from: "lemans"Stu

I was refering to the fact that you have to spend over £50 in Tescos to get a 5p/litre voucher then you spend £50 on petrol.  So in all it costs me over £100 to "fill up"  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Only problem with the math there is that the 50 quids worth of stuff you buy in Tesco you could get for 40 quid in Aldi or Lidl. Assumes you don't have to drive too far to get to one though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: