Brake pads

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2004, 17:13

Anonymous

Just a curiosity question more than anything. I know the servicing should bring this kind of thing up, but in NORMAL driving conditions (and I don't mean ragging it everywhere. I mean just normal commuting, social and so on driving), how long, in miles, should or would you expect a set of standard brake pads to last?

Interested, as my pedal seems to have gone down just a TINY bit (nothing to worry about I would imagine cos I can still break my neck if I stamp on them!)

markiii

well I've got 32000 including a track day out of mine, and still going strong.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

I was about to post a related question, but I will ask here instead... how much roughly would you expect to pay for a set of front stock pads?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Cheers for that Mark. Thought it should be OK as mine as still only 24K on it, so it may be weather related............not going to worry about it.

Tem

It's pretty easy to check the pads...just remove the wheel and you will see a peekhole in the caliper where you can see the pad surface...

I'd be surprised if they didn't last 100t miles of normal driving.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: