WHICH EXHAUST?!

Started by cshepherd94, March 21, 2011, 17:59

cshepherd94

Its about time a bought a new exhaust, i want something with performance, sound and at a good price.
Can anyone recommend a decent full exhaust system for my MR-S MK3 please!

Regards,

Shep.  s:D :D s:D
TOYOTA MR-S MICA BLUE JAP. IMPORT - TRD BODYKIT - 185/55 15\'S FRONT - 215/45 16\'S REAR - K&N AIR FILTER WITH CUSTOM SIDE AIR INTAKE - LOWERED 35MM (KONI) - OMP STEERING WHEEL - PRE-CAT FREE - CUSTOM MESH GRILLES (FRONT+BACK) - REFURBISHED CELICA ALLOYS - COLOUR CODED VENTS - SPOILER - CLEAR SIDE REPEATERS - LED NO. PLATE BULBS! - FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

cshepherd94

I'm currently looking at blue flame exhust systems at the moment, but i see on here, people have janspeed, magnex etc... i dont really know which is better!!!
TOYOTA MR-S MICA BLUE JAP. IMPORT - TRD BODYKIT - 185/55 15\'S FRONT - 215/45 16\'S REAR - K&N AIR FILTER WITH CUSTOM SIDE AIR INTAKE - LOWERED 35MM (KONI) - OMP STEERING WHEEL - PRE-CAT FREE - CUSTOM MESH GRILLES (FRONT+BACK) - REFURBISHED CELICA ALLOYS - COLOUR CODED VENTS - SPOILER - CLEAR SIDE REPEATERS - LED NO. PLATE BULBS! - FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

Anonymous

bigwillcv36

I'm no authority at all.... But I love the look and sound of the Cobra Sport quad   s:D :D s:D
(I'm rather partial to the beautifully shaped TRD spoiler on the example pic in LifeOfBryan's link too!)
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

WillsSayers

Personally I think any of the larger bore dual exit exhausts are the nicest and most complimenting on the Roadster. I've currently got a Janspeed and whilst I like the sound, I don't like the style of it; would much prefer and exhaust on each side rather than one in the middle.

Would happily swap it for something I'd rather have, but not many people with a modified exhaust want a Janspeed :p

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

uktotty

I have the BlueFlame and it boasts to be the only one to add horses rathertan just noise.
Bought the Quad Exit Cobra but never fitted it.

Anonymous

I'm no expert, but I believe that a good quality twin-piped system will improve the flow-through and this will result in increased torque. My 3rd Roadster (and 9th MR2) had a TTE system fitted when it was the dealer's demonstrator, along with full heated leather seats. It needs checking on a rolling road, but I'm certain that it's a lot quicker than the previous 2. As an absolute bonus the sound is fantastic when on the over-run then acceleration. It also looks better than the standard one with twin pipes.

loadswine

Nope, a TTE won't add any extra power. Some do, Blue Flame, Magnex, Hayward and Scott, probably the Cobra and a few others will add a little.
The sound may well add to the experience though, which is all part of the fun.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Ilogik

my old kakimoto added  some extra power and weight reduction.

My apexi ill never know
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Tags: