Turbo clips

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2004, 19:57

Anonymous

Today being a nice day i had my camera and put it to video mode for a few thrashes,so not best video or sound!!

Not doing anything professionally but with a stopwatch, passenger and turbo at 7psi, 0-60 was 5.6seconds. Baring in mind a wheel spin at beggining and i hit the rev limiter through 1st to 2nd   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  i know it would be 5seconds or less on my own, better driver and std alloys back on and not my heavy 17"s.

Anyone that can be arsed to download the clips they're quite big, so dial ups BEWARE. And they aint the best quality.

6MB

Straight road doing slightly over limit   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  , as you'll see when the SLOW mark on the road flashes past.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Inside the car.

You can test my time yourself if you start a stopwatch when i set off and just when i change into 3rd that should be about 61mph according to juansolo's post about gearing (speedo said about 64, but i timed to the end of 2nd gear)
 m http://www.ashg73.dsl.pipex.com/images/01010003.AVI m

2MB

Just from a slow roll start to flooring it. Outside of car.

m http://www.ashg73.dsl.pipex.com/images/01010005.AVI m

1.5MB

Me coming back to collect my mate, noticing the camera was still on and accelerating AGAIN.

m http://www.ashg73.dsl.pipex.com/images/01010006.AVI m

Anonymous

Damn your car is fast!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

And i'm down in MK this Sunday or next, so if yer wanna go then i'll post when i know, and your welcome to try and hurt her!!     s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Infact there will be 3 turbo'd 2's together, mine, DAZ400 and Perry's (all being well on Friday)

Anonymous

Blimey!

Slacey

I'm tempted to pop down to MK....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

me too
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I'm a dial up so I wont bother trying to look at the piccvys, but sounds like shes running well Ian, looking forward to the Turbo Team getting together (touch wood of course  s;-) ;-) s;-)  )

Anonymous

Yeah give me a shout when you know - im up for a go!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Bloody hell!!! I have never met anyone on here as yet, but I am VERY tempted to make a trip to MK just to see this beast!!! Crikey!

Anonymous

Perry, go for the 2mb one it won't take that long. You'll see the pick up in first gear, give you some more wood to touch   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  (sorry)

Well i'll post here as soon as i know which Sunday, your all welcome to test it.

scottee

all I can say is... I WANT!!

mph

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"And i'm down in MK this Sunday or next, so if yer wanna go then i'll post when i know, and your welcome to try and hurt her!!     s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Infact there will be 3 turbo'd 2's together, mine, DAZ400 and Perry's (all being well on Friday)
Ooh, might have to check the calendar and see if I make it up there. Keep us posted will ya please!
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Of course. You'll be needed to even the numbers, 2 SMT and 2 manuals.  s:D :D s:D

heathstimpson

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"And i'm down in MK this Sunday or next, so if yer wanna go then i'll post when i know, and your welcome to try and hurt her!!     s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

I'm off Sunday as well; can we arrange an official mini meet to see these three turbo machines  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Looks like i've sparked some interest so when i know which Sunday i'm in MK i'll post in the events section.Hopefully it won't clash with any other meet being arranged. Sorry if it does.

Tags: