Make her Growl!

Started by Anonymous, March 31, 2004, 09:04

Anonymous

Read somewhere that if you pull of a pipe from the air filter you get a louder growl from the old MR2  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I fancy trying this, but is it easy to do(and put back if I don't like it) and does it effect the performance of the car (it must be like that for some reason).

I could do with some advise.  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

I have photos on how to do this - I'll post them up with a guide on the web site under the articles section later tonight for everyone to see (if i get time!).

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I have photos on how to do this - I'll post them up with a guide on the web site under the articles section later tonight for everyone to see (if i get time!).
Have you still left yours off Kris  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

GSB

Heres a "sort of" post about waht your talking about:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... ight=inlet m

Basically; Inlet tube removed = Sounds good, but engine breathes hot air leading to power reduction
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Have you still left yours off Kris  s:?: :?: s:?:

Its on at the moment but only cos i was in the dealers recently for 4 days. Its coming off when i get the chance... 10 min job max.

Anonymous

Hmmm Not into that power reduction stuff. Looks like I may have to stop being a tight git and buy a induction kit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Royf"Hmmm Not into that power reduction stuff. Looks like I may have to stop being a tight git and buy a induction kit.

An induction kit will do the exact same thing... its sucking in the same hot air. what you want is the intake pipe that a load of us ordered on a GB. Replaces the restrictive elbow with a nice shiny metal one.

Anonymous

Tell me more about this shiny elbow!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

How much is it and where could I get one from, Oh and is it easy to fit I rubbish at this sort of thing.

Anonymous

The group buy has already ended so unless markiii has ordered any extra you may have to wait a while...

markiii

I've had quite a few Pms from people since the GB ended which have pretty much taken care of teh spares I ordered.

But hang around once this is all sorted I may organiose another.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"The group buy has already ended so unless markiii has ordered any extra you may have to wait a while...
Mark did order some extras so pm him asap anyone thats interested. They may have course already gone.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

GSB

using the magic button:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2459 m

Topic locked for preservation of sanity and reduction of deja-vu...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tags: