Chips?

Started by Anonymous, March 31, 2004, 09:41

Anonymous

Has anyone had their MR2 chipped. I'm interested to see if you get good performance gains. I'm worried it could just balls up the general well runing of the engine and cost me a fair packet for nothing. I'm finding it a bit hard to believe that Toyota wouldn't have made a engine management system that provided the best performance for the car. I read somewhere that they got a additional 22bhp, but is this the full story, Ive heared that torque is equally important if not more so and was this effected?

If anyone knows anything I'd be greatfull for some enlightenment.

Anonymous

use the search function as this has been discussed many times before.

markiii

look for comments by MPH there is a full dyno plot of before and after that will show you power and torque.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "Royf"I'm finding it a bit hard to believe that Toyota wouldn't have made a engine management system that provided the best performance for the car.

Toyota has to make the management so that it passes EURO 3 emissions testing, that automatically means it can't provide the best performance. Also, the stock settings are good for 95 octane and apparently with a safe margin, cause it runs just fine with 93 as well. You can tune it for higher octane and get some extra power.

I think mph had that +22hp dynocurve...search would most likely find it  s;) ;) s;)

Edit: You're fast...there wasn't a reply when I started writing  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: