Turbo kit options and considerations

Started by bigwillcv36, April 3, 2011, 17:58

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"I do recomend the Link G4. They are very good ECU's. You'll want to keep the MAF though even if you are running off a MAP sensor as you'll want the map to take into account inlet charge temperature, which is being read by the MAF.

Another point, I'm still running the Stage 2 (FI) cams on a big bore and I have no idling problems, running on the G4. That said, it has only run properly on the Link since I took it to Redline. Thor had many attempts to get the car idling and running right. I dropped them because they couldn't deliver and certainly didn't give me the level of service I expected as a paying customer. I would give them my car, pre-booked, and it would take them up to two weeks sometimes before they would even put it on the dyno.

Nigel recommends a mapper who is good with the Links. He has a mobile rolling road and comes to you. I forget his name but I'm keen to give him a try next time I need a full map done.

so forgetting cams i should be ok when i sort the ecu. you will have to send me the guys number as personally i think i would prefere to see the car to be mapped as that way you can see what they have actually done. as when its behind closed doors you dont actually know what has been done. they might of just put some numbers in and said oh hell that will do as frankly they dont care. but please send me the number he might be getting some work his way   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Mike_V

A couple of pics from Matt's turbo conversion, could not get a TTE mesh rear grille for the custom exhaust but Mat cut a hole in my pre facelift grille so I spent some time today with a dremel to tidy things up a bit as Matt had kindly left me a stainless steel surround for the exit pipe, thanks Matt.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

AmeR

Quote from: "Mike_V"

I really like that Mike! Great job! Must invest in a dremel myself sometime!!

As for the install - Matt you should be very proud of your work! Looks great, almost stock, and very fine attention to detail!

Mike_V

Thanks Paul. Next time you can take it through the rev range, it really is awesome and sounds incredible, today is the first time i've give it some and it's an experience.
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.

stargazer30

It looks good but I wounder if that exhaust may not go down well with mr plod or the MOT people, looks a bit high up?  I am not aware of any law for this but at the same time you never see a car with a high exhaust either?
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Mike_V

QuoteIt looks good but I wounder if that exhaust may not go down well with mr plod or the MOT people, looks a bit high up? I am not aware of any law for this but at the same time you never see a car with a high exhaust either?[/quot

Not much different from the MGF if you think about it, it's not unusual.

AmeR

Ariel Atom

muffdan

Older Elise and Zonda have exits at that height or higher too. I love the exit location.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "stargazer30"It looks good but I wounder if that exhaust may not go down well with mr plod or the MOT people, looks a bit high up?  I am not aware of any law for this but at the same time you never see a car with a high exhaust either?

You see plenty of motorbikes though ... ok not entirely the same thing.
Zonda
Lexus LFA
Elise S1 and early S2
Noble

Can't remember any more
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

deadmau5

Caparo T1 (although the highest point of the car is probably about 30" high.)

And what about those caterfield type cars that have the whole system running along side the car?

Wabbitkilla

In other words unlikely to be a problem   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s8) 8) s8)  

I like the idea ... I persnallot would have preferred the different inserts ... but hey they darned expensive for what they are!   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

muffdan

I'll have a set of TTE inserts for sale when I eventually get around to fitting the JDL rear bumper I have sitting in the garage.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

loadswine

Stu ( Kanujunkie) had an exhaust outlet at that height some years ago on his C2 turbo'd roadster, though his exited, uniquely, to the nearside. That was one very quick car!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Mike_V

Quote from: "muffdan"I'll have a set of TTE inserts for sale when I eventually get around to fitting the JDL rear bumper I have sitting in the garage.

I'll take them off your hands when they become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattPerformance

Quote from: "Mike_V"
Quote from: "muffdan"I'll have a set of TTE inserts for sale when I eventually get around to fitting the JDL rear bumper I have sitting in the garage.

I'll take them off your hands when they become available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are the very ones I was telling you about Mike!  s:) :) s:)

Mike_V

Not sure of where to post this but received my dyno chart from Matt, attached  :-) :-) :-)

muffdan

Nice. You could add it to your garage and also post up in the sticky thread for forced induction performance gains at the top of the performance forum. I'd post a link for you but I'm on my mobile  s:) :) s:)
Jason

Tags: