warranty work update

Started by Anonymous, April 1, 2004, 22:48

Anonymous

a while ago I posted that the delightful Mr T had agreed (rather willingly) to replace my bubbling alloys, rusty disks (& pads) and jumpy stereo.

I am please to report that I have now had all of this done - picked up my baby this morning. Have lovely shiny new bits in each corner and a stereo that doesn't appear to jump (yet). woohey!!

they still won't play regarding the condensation in headlights & rear clusters - apparently they used to replace but found that it didn't solve the problem, so now they say it's because the light units breath! yeah right - am not about to let this one go though so will let you know how I get on...

Anonymous

Read this: http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3242. Seems to be contrary to what you've been told - but then again what should we expect....?

Slacey

Glad to see there is another reasonable dealer out there!  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

Quote from: "swp"a while ago I posted that the delightful Mr T had agreed (rather willingly) to replace my bubbling alloys, rusty disks (& pads) and jumpy stereo.

I am please to report that I have now had all of this done - picked up my baby this morning. Have lovely shiny new bits in each corner and a stereo that doesn't appear to jump (yet). woohey!!

they still won't play regarding the condensation in headlights & rear clusters - apparently they used to replace but found that it didn't solve the problem, so now they say it's because the light units breath! yeah right - am not about to let this one go though so will let you know how I get on...
My dealer has ordered two new rear lights this week as he told me that they don't breath and the seals have gone. They have also ordered four new alloys but would only clean up and paint the edges of the brake discs, not replace.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

They said they would replace my rear lights too if i take it in when its misted up as they both look fine to them... next time i wash my car I'll be up there then!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Wheels they are going to do as part of a set so want to wait for the fronts to go (im ok with that)... i mentioned the brake discs and they didnt do anything about them... will go back and have a word i think!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"i mentioned the brake discs and they didnt do anything about them... will go back and have a word i think!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
They did a good job of mine as both the discs and calipers were in a bad state. Cleaned them up really well and painted the disc edge to hopefully prevent re-occurrence. Should have been cheaky and got them to paint the calipers while they were at it; may just get them to do it when it goes back in for the alloy replacement. will have to get a price for that. They also fitted an anti-rattle mod to the glovebox lock, automatically ordered another roof clip that is rattling and found a small oil leak on the tensioner. Pretty pleased with them really  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

yeah they didnt replace my glovebox as its the same key (and i know they wont of changed that around). I take it your car didnt come back smelling of glue... they glued all my panels down to stop the rattles!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"yeah they didnt replace my glovebox as its the same key (and i know they wont of changed that around). I take it your car didnt come back smelling of glue... they glued all my panels down to stop the rattles!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
They fit a kit to your existing glovebox lock now which basically consists of some sponge to prevent it rattling against the plastic of the glovebox. My panels aren't too bad so no glue at all.

Anonymous

ahhh, that might be the bit of sponge that flew onto the floor the other day then!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Might have to come round and look at yours to see where it needs sticking back to   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

filcee

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"yeah they didnt replace my glovebox as its the same key (and i know they wont of changed that around). I take it your car didnt come back smelling of glue... they glued all my panels down to stop the rattles!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Did it work?  My dash rattles like it has been lifted straight from an MGF, so is a world away from how well-built my old 'Y' plate was  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

DAZ400

painted my calipres today and front disks now starting to look bad so might take mine to complain and see if they will do anything.

I am disapointed though as taking the wheels off gave me good look at the tyres and both fronts are toe in and yet they never mentioned this at a very recent service and alloy wheel swap out they are muppets I think especially with what they did to me with the valve stems.

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

Quote from: "filcee"Did it work?  My dash rattles like it has been lifted straight from an MGF, so is a world away from how well-built my old 'Y' plate was  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Kinda... got a couple of new ones now though   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"They said they would replace my rear lights too if i take it in when its misted up as they both look fine to them.

What don't they believe you? Do they think that you must be that bored you want to drive all the way there, explain the problem, make an appointment and they give them your Roadster for a day or so

You should have said to them "Sorry guys, you got me. There's nothing wrong with my lights. I just wanted you to change one perfectly good set for another perfectly good set. I also wanted to hang around for a few hours whilst you did it."

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  GEEZ  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I think its cos they have already replaced them once (and i was not dealing with the usual bloke in there, who would have just said "ok, no probs")

Tags: