Che ARBs

Started by mr-ed_smt, May 19, 2011, 16:45

mr-ed_smt

Been after a set of these for a while - contacted Che through his ebay page and he can do them for MR2ROC members for $200 delivered to the UK (for front and rear). Over $100 cheaper than his ebay page.

Thought it was worth a heads-up.  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

AmeR

Ooh... Wonder if my mrs will notice another car related package being delivered...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Thanks for the heads up

muffdan

lol, she'll notice these, they're pretty big!

But well worth the cost. They are one of my favourite handling mods.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

AmeR

Quote from: "muffdan"lol, she'll notice these, they're pretty big!

But well worth the cost. They are one of my favourite handling mods.

You can't tell me things like that!! Now I NEED them!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

muffdan

They make the car MUCH more responsive on turn in. Everyone should get these!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Mike_V

Will this be a group buy?   s:D :D s:D
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

AmeR

Quote from: "Mike_V"Will this be a group buy?   s:D :D s:D

Yes please! Yes please! Yes please!

Though I fear that the import duties and the fact that they seem like a bargain already may stop it being realistic!!  s:( :( s:(

AmeR

That reminds me, does anyone know what the import duty would be on these??

nathanMR2

COuld be interested too  s:) :) s:)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

scottish_turbo

Me too. I am travelling too much to organise the group buy though.

mr-ed_smt

Quote from: "AmeR"That reminds me, does anyone know what the import duty would be on these??

I ordered my set today. Che said he had labelled the package in such a way that there shouldn't be any import duties. Don't know if that could be worked for a group buy though. With the current exchange rate I paid £125 so not sure much more could be saved by a group buy??

He also said he could do front and rear ARBs and front and rear strut braces for $350 delivered. Would have gone for it but already got front brace.
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

PeteT

What do we need to do to get that price? Just contact che directly?

Let us know if you get stung on import taxes please

Thank you for posting this up.
Pete

spit

Its worth contacting Prolex Dave if you're planning to get a group buy together. He is in contact with Che and last time we GB'd through him we saved a lot bringing everything to one place for distribution through the ROC Network.

It might not be a saving on the price quoted above but it'll be a shipped and duty-paid price, relieving you of any worry over additional charges and admin fees.

Methods to skirt import duty are probably not good for discussion on a public forum   s:? :? s:?  . If duty is payable, then duty is payable.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

andibell

Quote from: "AmeR"Ooh... Wonder if my mrs will notice another car related package being delivered...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Thanks for the heads up

Mine now just assumes that every parcel that arrives is car related.    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Quote from: "Mike_V"Will this be a group buy?   s:D :D s:D

+1 there - count me in if there's a GB going on
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal

mr-ed_smt

Quote from: "spit"Its worth contacting Prolex Dave if you're planning to get a group buy together. He is in contact with Che and last time we GB'd through him we saved a lot bringing everything to one place for distribution through the ROC Network.

It might not be a saving on the price quoted above but it'll be a shipped and duty-paid price, relieving you of any worry over additional charges and admin fees.

Methods to skirt import duty are probably not good for discussion on a public forum   s:? :? s:?  . If duty is payable, then duty is payable.

True re discussing skirting import duty... I'll let you know how much I end up paying.

IIRC the last Prolex GB on these was around £190 - but may well be able to get them cheaper this time round.

To get this price just contact Che directly - tell him you're a ROC member.

manchestermatt1986

Quote from: "muffdan"They make the car MUCH more responsive on turn in. Everyone should get these!

Is this the che ones or just ARB's in general? As in will paying more for a brand name give me more handling or are ches just as good?
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

muffdan

I have the Che ones from the last group buy we had. Big difference folks! It'll widen the smile on the face.
Jason

steve-m-uk

I have che anti roll bars and they wreak of awesome  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

wbarrwebster

Quote from: "AmeR"Ooh... Wonder if my mrs will notice another car related package being delivered...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Thanks for the heads up

Bin there, done that  !!lol
W. B. Webster

manchestermatt1986

Thanks for the heads up

tell her its a new ironing board, shell soon be out the room!
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

AMH

Also interested if a group buy is being considered - just had some run up Prescott hill-climb and it was surprising how much roll showed on the pics even on TTE springs ...
Are they much of a pain to fit ?
Ex Demo Nov 06 car - did only have 35 miles on the clock !
Silver with Red interior, Private Plate, Origin B2, Philips +80% lamps, TTE Air Filter, TTE Underbody Brace, SP (Cusco) Strut Brace, Electric Aerial Switch, Clarion Double-Din iPod Stereo, Alpine Door Speakers, Dynamat, Markiii inlet pipe, TRD short-shifter, De-Cat and TTE springs, TRD knob, ROCLinks, TTE ARB\'s, MOMO wheel on own design boss.
2004 RAV4 Granite ...
2006 MR2 Roadster
2006 Mini Cooper ...
2009 KTM 990 SMT ...
2011 Lexus IS250 Advance ...
So that\'ll be RWD, 4WD, FWD and Mono-wheeling then ... But driveway now full !

mr-ed_smt

Fitted mine this weekend. Not too difficult, the only hard part (for me) was removing the rear droplinks as there is a bolt on the chassis side of struts which you are blind to (thread about them recently in Maintenance I think). It was easier for me in the end to quickly drop the strut out so I could get access to it. Other than that very easy - half an hour each end? I also replaced the droplinsk with Twos-r-us ones mind you.

The ARBs themselves make an enormous difference to the handling. I set the rear up to its most aggressive setting and understeer has all but disappeared. The car is far keener to turn in, and maintains its stability on s-bends etc (due to far less roll). Very happy with it. Might slacken it off for the winter when its gets wetter though!

I have a trackday at Goodwood booked next week so will try and do a better write-up of them afterwards.

AMH

Thanks for the info - will be very interested in your Goodwood feedback - I did a GRRC Trackday last year and it was great - getting more tempted by the hour - GB anyone ?
Ex Demo Nov 06 car - did only have 35 miles on the clock !
Silver with Red interior, Private Plate, Origin B2, Philips +80% lamps, TTE Air Filter, TTE Underbody Brace, SP (Cusco) Strut Brace, Electric Aerial Switch, Clarion Double-Din iPod Stereo, Alpine Door Speakers, Dynamat, Markiii inlet pipe, TRD short-shifter, De-Cat and TTE springs, TRD knob, ROCLinks, TTE ARB\'s, MOMO wheel on own design boss.
2004 RAV4 Granite ...
2006 MR2 Roadster
2006 Mini Cooper ...
2009 KTM 990 SMT ...
2011 Lexus IS250 Advance ...
So that\'ll be RWD, 4WD, FWD and Mono-wheeling then ... But driveway now full !

manchestermatt1986

Quote from: "mr-ed_smt"Fitted mine this weekend. Not too difficult, the only hard part (for me) was removing the rear droplinks as there is a bolt on the chassis side of struts which you are blind to (thread about them recently in Maintenance I think). It was easier for me in the end to quickly drop the strut out so I could get access to it. Other than that very easy - half an hour each end? I also replaced the droplinsk with Twos-r-us ones mind you.

The ARBs themselves make an enormous difference to the handling. I set the rear up to its most aggressive setting and understeer has all but disappeared. The car is far keener to turn in, and maintains its stability on s-bends etc (due to far less roll). Very happy with it. Might slacken it off for the winter when its gets wetter though!

I have a trackday at Goodwood booked next week so will try and do a better write-up of them afterwards.

What happened with import duties?

Matt

bigwillcv36

Quote from: "AMH"Thanks for the info - will be very interested in your Goodwood feedback - I did a GRRC Trackday last year and it was great - getting more tempted by the hour - GB anyone ?
I'd be interested in a gb
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

Tags: