Che ARBs

Started by mr-ed_smt, May 19, 2011, 16:45

E

Cheers for that Rob.

E

Ok, Im at home now and have had a look at the bars, they do look nice and substantial but unlike the TTE ones in the instructions above there are only two positions on the front bar for adjustment so my initial plan of going for the middle position is somewhat flawed, so the question to anyone who has them fitted is which position should I use the instructions mention 179% and 260% but are all in the foreign so is this the % above stock.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "E"Ok, I'm at home now and have had a look at the bars, they do look nice and substantial but unlike the TTE ones in the instructions above there are only two positions on the front bar for adjustment so my initial plan of going for the middle position is somewhat flawed, so the question to anyone who has them fitted is which position should I use the instructions mention 179% and 260% but are all in the foreign so is this the % above stock.

Stiffer front = less front grip, so start there, see if it under steers, if it does you can stiffen the rear to counter the understeer or soften the front.  Start safe, work the balance to taste from there.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

E

Oops my mistake Looking again it is the rear one that is adjustable the front one seems to be fixed as it only has one hole so the same question but a bit different.

ChrisGB

Quote from: "E"Oops my mistake Looking again it is the rear one that is adjustable the front one seems to be fixed as it only has one hole so the same question but a bit different.

Start softest at the rear to start would be my choice.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

E

All fitted Amer came down Yesterday and we had a really great day fetting our twos, it was all going smoothly (to smoothly) the first 3 corners came apart really easily, I was feeling quite smug then we got to the passenger front side the nut undid so far then it just stopped I couldnt get it off and I couldnt put it back on.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   As I need the car to get to work on monday there was a bit of a panic but a call to the Spit stop secured a used link to get me back on the road. Due to the delays I had to finish the car off this morning, Ive set it on the softest setting (cheers ChrisGB) to see how it goes. Had a bit of a test drive this afternoon but due to the poor weather conditions couldnt really push but all seems well.

Tags: