Toyota "Sports Lowering Springs"

Started by Anonymous, July 4, 2003, 11:36

markiii

Adam,

I need to confirm for definate but if it's running the go for it. Looks like there may be Phil and Comer as well yet

Wd more than welcome too.

but please lets not make this a public unvailing where absolutely everyone comes over or I'll get shot, I haven't told Chris yet  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Comer"No harsh ride then.
Well it's all relative, barely any harsher than stock.  I'll have to drive around a bit more to get a really good idea, but initial thoughts were that it was not noticable on good roads, and let's face it the '2 is pretty harsh on bad roads anyway!

Quote from: "Comer"Although I wonder what the insurance think about these?  Any increase in premium H?
My insurer (Direct Line) didn't ask for any increase in the premium or excess, although they did specifically ask if these were manufacturer approved and fitted parts, which in my case they were.

--H--

markiii

front strut core. That'll make it smooth over bad roads.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

Quote from: "Comer"No harsh ride then.  I always feel close to the ground in my car until I pass an Elise!

If the ride is ok and the cornering feels better then I'm up for these.  Although I wonder what the insurance think about these?  Any increase in premium H?

Anyone know the cost of a set of Eibachs shipped to the UK?

eibachs can be got from demon tweeks for £145, they are on 2 day delivery direct from eibach in the uk.

markiii

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Mark, is it ok for me and mono' admirers to rain down on you at the weekend?

That is subject to it running okay!

Cheers Adam

right we have a confirmed go for saturday morning.

Steve and I will be fitting his springs with possible attendance from Phil to do his as well.

Breakfast at 9-10 please let me know who's coming and who needs directions.

Mark.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Jap GT300"Mark, is it ok for me and mono' admirers to rain down on you at the weekend?

Cheers Adam

Steve and I will be fitting his springs with possible attendance from Phil to do his as well.

Mark.

I'm in.  I also have the TTE springs already on so that might help.

Comer

Quote from: "markiii"

Cheers Adam

Mark.

I'll be there Sat at 9am and this time I'm confident of not getting lost!

£145 from DT, damn I'm tempted!
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

markiii

If your tempted enough to order them today then we can fit them on Sat as well  :-) :-) :-)

don't forget 2 day delivery.

Comer

Quote from: "markiii"If your tempted enough to order them today then we can fit them on Sat as well  :-) :-) :-)

don't forget 2 day delivery.

Just checked the DT site and they have GMax springs for £87.50  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   but I can't see Eibach.  Did you ring them for that info?

My girlfriend will go mad if I lower the car  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Michael

markiii

Demons web site is cr*p give them a call.

Don't tell her, she'll never notice, just observe that the suspension settles over time if she mentions it.

In fact it takes a day or so to settle properly so she probably won't notice at first anyway.

Comer

£157.93 all in.  Should be here Friday, ready to bring to yours if that's ok.  Is Steve going anywhere on Sat arvo for the wheel alignment.

I'm in sh*t street if the missus finds out!!  Even if it is my car.
Michael

Jap GT300

What is their number?  I want to order a set as well.

Maybe we should have done a group buy on this!

Adam

Comer

Quote from: "Jap GT300"What is their number?  I want to order a set as well.

Maybe we should have done a group buy on this!

Adam

Damn, I forgot you were interested too Adam.  Their number is 01978 664466.  The guy said they weren't in stock and then put me hold and then said they will be with me on Friday.  We shall see  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Michael

GSB

Quote from: "Comer"I'm in sh*t street if the missus finds out!!  Even if it is my car.

Just for fitting lowering springs?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Whats she going to do when you turn up with the new exhaust?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Comer

Quote from: "GSB"
Quote from: "Comer"I'm in sh*t street if the missus finds out!!  Even if it is my car.

Just for fitting lowering springs?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Whats she going to do when you turn up with the new exhaust?

I managed to clear the exhaust over a 2 week holiday in Turkey!!  

She just thinks that the ride is a bit harsh on motorways as it is.  Hopefully as H as mentioned it isn't much different.  Fingers crossed and all that!
Michael

markiii

on the alignment front nothing is arranged yet. Based upon doing the sportivo it shouldn't be a million miles out anyway.

Unless you find it doesn't drive right I'd wait until either your in a dealer anyway, or until we get the exhaust sorted and book into Elite (who apparently do a better job) while were down there.

Anonymous

I have no idea but my brain is trying to tell me that after fitting the lowering springs the effect on wheel alignment will be to give a slightly larger camber angle, out at the bottom, as the car sits lower at rest.

Although in the long term this may lead to uneven tyre wear in terms of actual performance, i.e. cornering grip, wouldn't this probably be a good thing?

s:? :? s:?  

--H--

markiii

enter Steve as we had rather a debate about this last night. He thinks the reverse. I'll be interested to see what everyone thinks on this one.

Anonymous

I have no idea really but logically if the car is sitting lower wouldn't the pivot effect mean that the angle of the wheel was out at the bottom, or doesn't it work that way?

If it does then you would get a camber effect that would be beneficial to cornering.

--H--

SteveJ

Quote from: "markiii"enter Steve as we had rather a debate about this last night. He thinks the reverse. I'll be interested to see what everyone thinks on this one.

Don't get me started   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Basically if the BGB is to be believed, the normal (stock) position for the lower arms (that dictate the camber) is horizontal, so any deviation from this will result in the bottom of the wheel being pulled in towards the car hence decreasing the negative camber (or worse still introducing positive camber which is VERY scary  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  - just ask Mark!!!!!!)

The theory should be put to the test at the weekend so watch this space......

Anonymous

Got it!  That makes sense.

--H--

Comer

So just to check again....  The Eibach springs are essentially the TTE ones before TTE get their hands on them?

I just realised that the Eibachs were £145 from Demon Tweeks and Phil's quote from Mr T shows the TTE ones are £124 without VAT which works out at £145 with.
Michael

markiii

Eibach just badge some of them TTE and send them to Toyota.

So it's whichever is cheaper and easier to get hold of. Unless you have insurance issues, when arguably official Toyota parts might make a difference.

Comer

Quote from: "markiii"Eibach just badge some of them TTE and send them to Toyota.

So it's whichever is cheaper and easier to get hold of. Unless you have insurance issues, when arguably official Toyota parts might make a difference.

Bugger! The insurance bit didn't cross my mind.  Still I'm getting an H&S exhaust and my Apexi is fitted so I think it's bit late for that now!

From what I can see they cost the same and will perform the same so it's whether they arrive in time for Sat.....

Shall I bring any tools, axle stands etc?  I'm guessing while one car is being done I can prep my car by getting it up on stands and the wheels off.
Michael

Anonymous

Quote from: "Comer"Shall I bring any tools, axle stands etc?  I'm guessing while one car is being done I can prep my car by getting it up on stands and the wheels off.

I'll (try and remember to) bring a pair of axle stands. I think we've four sets to do (?), so pressure on tools could be be eased with anything relevant you have probably...

Tags: