O2 Sensor Socket - £8.66 Delivered !

Started by crankshaft, April 5, 2004, 12:26

crankshaft

I know there have been threads on this but If anyone is looking for a sensor socket, I Just ordered one of theese for £8.66 delivered !

m http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=28519 m

Cheers

CrankShaft

Urm is this the right place to post this ???
2001 SMT - Pete

GSB

Yep, its the right place. (or at least its where I'd have posted it...)

Thats pretty cheap, the link I posted a while back was about £14 for the same tool.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

Just about the most essential tool you need for our cars I reckon  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Good find.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

zud

Well spotted!  I've just ordered mine.

I'm loathe to gut my cats while I have some warranty remaining, but will at least be able to inspect them from time to time.  Not sure how i'll approach Mr T if I think there might be a problem, but I'll worry about that if/when it happens.

Now, all we really need is a new article explaining how to inspect the cats and/or gut them.

I'm sure it's documented in various posts if i search, but this seems to be such a hot topic that it would be worthy of an article on the main site.  Any volunteers amongst you mechanical gurus?
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Slacey

I am in the process of obtaining a full article on just this at the moment, unless someone wants to do a new one, I should hopefully have something soon.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Cheers Crankshaft, mines on order too  s:) :) s:)  

It was the plan to check when I changed my exhaust over a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't get the sensors out - now I can't use that excuse  s:D :D s:D

loadswine

s:D :D s:D  Well done Crankshaft,good link. I have ordered mine, need to check on those precats.  s:!: :!: s:!:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

dimwit

Hmmmm, am i looking at the right socket, it says £6.17...  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Yep, that's the one you have to add £2.49 delivery charge.

DAZ400

I have a O2 socket and found them useless you can't beat a 22mm ring spanner far better.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

Got one!  s:D :D s:D  
Cheers!

Mr T has said not to worry about the Precat problem, you will *probably* hear the precat disintegrate, or see strands coming out the exhaust. A high emissions MOT score would *probably* indicate the cats have collapsed.

For peace of mind for £8.66?
I bought the damn socket  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

DAZ400

Mr T lied, you have no chance of hearing it and seeing bits coming out of the exhaust unless of course you fit a bypass pipe around the main cat.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

Main Cat?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tem

Quote from: "DAZ400"Mr T lied, you have no chance of hearing it and seeing bits coming out of the exhaust unless of course you fit a bypass pipe around the main cat.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Actually several ppl @ SC have mentioned white particles in the exhaust pipe when theirs collapsed...but apparently it's too late when you notice them, so doesn't really solve the problem  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Chris

Quote from: "crankshaft"I Just ordered one of theese for £8.66 delivered !

m http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=28519 m

Just ordered mine, and noticed that it says that this prices expires on 30/04/04, so anyone that wants to had better get in there soon...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "Chris"Just ordered mine, and noticed that it says that this prices expires on 30/04/04, so anyone that wants to had better get in there soon...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

How much are those normally then...?

Local car parts store has those for about 6.70e (about £4.50). They are chrome vanadium and look just like that, except these are dark, not polished...probably not worth the trouble after shipping though  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Bongo

Just bought one. Now £9.96 all in.

Anonymous

me too mate   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Skint Brit

Hi guys, having never checked them on my vehicle, I'll buy one of these and give it a go.  One thing I can't see you mention is whether you need to replace a sealing washer (like on an oil sump) or if there is a correct torque to do them back up too?
Very nearly a 2007 model in Silver. TTE exhausts, spoiler and suspension. Black & Silver Grey custom leather with A/C. New Carhood Warehouse Mohair roof & Pioneer Avic-F77 head with reversing camera. FTSH.

Joesson

44NM / 32  ft lbs.
No washer iirc.

Topdownman

I seem to remember a sachet of sealer with my first one and then something already on the sensor for the second one I changed. I am not sure that there is any point checking them though is there?

You could start putting plus gas on them now though!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Skint Brit

Quote from: "Topdownman"I seem to remember a sachet of sealer with my first one and then something already on the sensor for the second one I changed. I am not sure that there is any point checking them though is there?

You could start putting plus gas on them now though!
No, I  and I think the previous posters were saying that by removing the O2 sensors, you can look in the vacant hole and check on the condition of the pre-cats.  Correct me if I'm mistaken anyone?  From what I've learned here, my 2006 car is less likely to have a problem than the earlier cars, but it makes sence to have a look if it can be done for the price of this socket, and a few minutes of your time.

Thanks for the torque settings Joesson, can I ask how you know?  Is there a manual somewhere (that's available to the end user) that one can buy or download?
Very nearly a 2007 model in Silver. TTE exhausts, spoiler and suspension. Black & Silver Grey custom leather with A/C. New Carhood Warehouse Mohair roof & Pioneer Avic-F77 head with reversing camera. FTSH.

Joesson

I have those figures in my notes from when I removed my precats.
They came from the US MRS website.
But now we have this info on here!
Have a look in the Reference section, you will see a torque reference guide.
Remember the sensors are called various names, especially if you don' t soak them copiusly in PlusGas before you try to move them. In the ref section they are called Lamda sensors.

Have a look at emanualonline .com they offer something I will get round to getting in the not to distant.

cptspaulding

Quote from: "Skint Brit"I  and I think the previous posters were saying that...

Been smokin' with the Yardies?
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Tags: