Rattle from rear driver wheel area

Started by weejc, June 6, 2011, 22:44

weejc

Hi folks

I've got a rattle coming from the rear drivers side wheel area, sounds like a chain link rattling. Happens when the wheel hits a bounce in the road, is worse when I turn right or go round a roundabout, like a chain jiggling about.
Just had new struts and TT springs put on, was having sound before this. My mechanic thought it was the drop links so I had them replaced too, still no better. Just got it back tonight (he was looking at same problem), he's asked me to get Anti rattle/squeak shim. Not being a mechanic, but after a quick google this seems to be a metal plate between the pad and the piston.
Unsure how a dodgy plate could make a chain jingle noise. Ordering anyway as don't look too expensive.

Anyone any idea what else this could be?

Might be a daft suggestion but my aerial has been stuck up for quite awhile. Could there be something from the power aerial that has broke that could be rattling about inside?

Cheers for reading
John

stavros58

Hi I had a rattle from my rear wheel whilst the car was under warranty. The toyota garage spent a full day trying to locate the problem, it turned out that the rear disc of the car had a small caught between the disc and the disc guard. The noise was very irritating and very noticeable.  they did say they realised what the problem was before they removed the brake disc but couldn't remove the stone without taking the disc off, so i'm assuming they could see it but not remove it. Probably not your solution but you never know.  Steven
MR2 Chilli Red, final 300 production run for U.K. Hard Top, TTE twin pipes, Alacantra leather. Pre registered, no mods but  Brilliant! Favourite quote "I don\'t expect to know what is around the corner but I do at least expect to know where the corner is"

stavros58

Oh and look here as I asked for advice when I had my problem and these are some useful suggestions  l viewtopic.php?t=20770 l
MR2 Chilli Red, final 300 production run for U.K. Hard Top, TTE twin pipes, Alacantra leather. Pre registered, no mods but  Brilliant! Favourite quote "I don\'t expect to know what is around the corner but I do at least expect to know where the corner is"

Tags: